Sunday, August 11, 2019

Get me out of the house pronto! - Poem: Strolling around the grocery store

Mom's party is scheduled for around 2 pm.

W/o eating I drove over to Giant to buy my h'ors d'oevres.

First, tho, Ms Kathy prepared a nice cuppa coffee for me, hot, which I sipped on while getting my groceries.

When I was all done I asked her for a refill of black coffee. Here it is, sitting on my TV Table as I tap away.

I delete all emails about the suicide of that Epstein guy.

Betty who works at the deli counter told me how to prepare an appetizer plate.

Before I do dat,



If we've got any poets out there - Hello Emily, Walt, Linda B, Marf - lemme write a quick one.

STROLLING AROUND THE GROCERY STORE

Pushing my cart as if it was a baby stroller, I sipped on the dark sweet cafe au lait Ms Kathy
prepared for me.
All were "at ease" in the store awaiting the morning rush.
The store is as bright as the moon and everyone looks familiar:
the tattooed, the many bangled women and men, too,
I must do this more often, I thought, nothing like fresh-roasted
Starbucks in the morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment