Friday, August 2, 2019

Good diabetes report - Poem: The Summer Finale

By 6 am I was walking around the block. Wore my clogs which tried to fall off my feet, but I wouldn't let them. My oatmeal with fruit n nuts was soaking in the oven and I was ready to go to bed.



Looked out the kitchen window and saw a deer with antlers. A big guy. With one leg he was trying to clean something off his hoof. Methinks.

Then I went upstairs to change the New Directions calendar from July to August. Took 15 mins to find the directions, which are now on my upstairs meer.

Am drinking the last of the Starbucks Via instant coffee. Flavorless so I just added cinnamon.

Today I go to Mom's to give her 6 hours. Eating is the main attraction and I made my bean salad which is a meal in itself.

Will also make a green salad.

We'll do some exercises or my name isn't Kinky Boots.

Cyndi Lauper wrote that.

In a last burst of flowers for the summer black-eyed susans came up, along with lavender hibiscus.



Brought them to Second Home on Monday, and plunked em on the table.

*
Saw my diabetes doc the other day. Cecilia. Followed directions... Lowe's, then after dat, make a right on Dryden. Went straight and sure enuf there was the sign Jefferson Abington.

   My Cecilia looked gorgeous in red shoes, a lovely pant suit and a bit of make up.

She walked me into her new office. I was on her arm like a prom date.

Did I tell you I lost a couple of pounds? I'd given up eating dessert.

They're not allowed to have anything that indicates who they are or what their hobbies are, as if they'll be instantly replaced.

What if - and I'm using my imagination here - I came home one day and a new family was living in my house.



THE FINALE OF SUMMER

Wasps, honeybees, tiny ants
drinking water in my kitchen sink

Black eyed Susans sprouting
overnight in my lamp-light
garden

All heads turned toward the sun
my car sparkling with prudent joy

And moi, wearing a sexy dress
backward, raise my arms
and say aloud

Here I am!
Here I am!

 Blackbirds singing in the midst of the day
 Are you migrating?

Here's the deer with the hefty antlers.

 Taken from my back porch.
 Right thru the screen,




*


No comments:

Post a Comment