Thursday, August 29, 2019

Guess who finally got in touch! Poem: Lake of Fat on Copper Skillet

I had it all planned out. Woke up Scott who told me how to get to the Willow Grove Mall.

IF I could follow directions I would've seen Dan, Max and Grace in the Food Court near Chick Filet.

I brought the kids stickers from the library of The Planets.

What's the status of Pluto? Has he been resurrected?

What Is Pluto?

















Close-up view of Pluto shows the dwarf planet has a light-colored patch shaped like a heart. Charon is shown behind Pluto.
The New Horizons spacecraft helped us see Pluto and its largest moon Charon more clearly than we could see them with telescopes.
Credits: NASA
This article is part of the NASA Knows! (Grades K-4) series.
What Is Pluto?
Pluto is a dwarf planet. A dwarf planet travels around, or orbits, the sun just like other planets. But it is much smaller.
Clyde Tombaugh discovered Pluto in 1930. He was an astronomer from the United States. An astronomer is a scientist who studies stars and other objects in space. Venetia Burney named Pluto that same year. She was an 11-year-old girl from England.
Pluto is not very big. It is only half as wide as the United States. Pluto is smaller than Earth's moon. This dwarf planet takes 248 Earth years to go around the sun. If you lived on Pluto, you would have to wait 248 Earth years to celebrate your first birthday. One day on Pluto is about 6 1/2 days on Earth.
Pluto is about 40 times farther from the sun than Earth is. Pluto is in an area of space called the Kuiper (KY-per) Belt. Thousands of small, icy objects like Pluto but smaller are in the Kuiper Belt.
*

Gonna tell you this in confidence.

Something changed about my library and I do not like it any more. Dunno half the library aides there.

While waiting until 12:25 to drive to the Mall, I bought a book. YES, I actually did.



Really good! The book cost all of three dollars.



*
I went wild at the Giant Supermarket.

Pumpkin Spice Latte, which I sipped while I shopped.

A pound of LAMB from Australia.

Combs. I couldn't find one comb this morning to show off my gorgeous blue hair.



Dustpan and brush.

BLUE pods for a clean toilet.

"Where are the Baggies?" I asked two men who worked there.

Turns out I got something like a two-year supply.

AND, I'm gonna make a lamb-burger right now.

Shall we listen to great music while I cook?

Click here for the Lippy Kids.



Spectrum Naturals - Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (25.4 fl oz.) - OilsAm cookin the lamb burgers in this olive oil.

Dunno if you can tell how SHAPELY the bottle is.

The burgers are as greasy as a pitcher who wanted some extra spin on the baseball.

*

THE LAKE OF FAT ON MY COPPER SKILLET

Strap on your skates, Hans Brinker, and we'll go for a ride.
Tho my skates are a bit scuffed, they'll do for a spin or two.
Is that one of the Astairs - Fred or Adele - twirling so fast
you can barely see them, preserved forever on the celluloids
of Turner Classic Films, though our stone-faced Ted
our brilliant Ted Turner is coasting slowly downhill.

*

Notes: Mary Mapes Dodge, an American, wrote Hans Brinker and The Silver Skates.





No comments:

Post a Comment