Thursday, August 22, 2019

Loneliness and The Maiden

Image result for sarah deming

Image result for ruth wilson

 The Girl with the Blue Hair
Cream of Mushroom Soup. Mushrooms are smothered with almond milk plus a long sprig of peppermint from my garden right outside my front door.

Whenever I awake in the morning, I feel lonely. No advice PLEASE!

Is it the empty house with not even a pet?

Well, George Schuler at the end of the street died. And Wayne's wife Carol died of a brain tumor.

Ah, Father Sunshine keeps me company.

FATHER SUNSHINE

The depth of his mercy is unfathomable
My yellow house fills with mysterious
golden bangles, soundless, his journey
but 156 days until he enters like
a resurrected cat
thousands of loves has he
Kareem, Bill Bradley and a new one
barely six years old but in the starting
pen.

He has his own reasons for the atrocities
The surgeries that kill on the table
The beehives round the corner that
pierce the dainty white foot

And all the while they think
they've found Amelia Earhart
an atoll to launch another war.

Just recovered from Mom!

First-graders at Taylor School in Cleveland Heights, OH, make ceramic bowls. Little Ruthie is in the middle with my hands shaped like a ceramic bowl. How I loved that class. Miss Katherine Allen was our teacher.

Sitting behind me is Rita Abrams. We were gathered on a carpet.

Now I'm gonna throw away - recycle - the newspaper clipping.

Newspaper clipping of Ruth Greenwold.

The syndicated column below the article is by Drew Pearson.

Read about his great salesmanship.

Drew Pearson with Lyndon Johnson (cropped).jpg
Pearson with LBJ.



No comments:

Post a Comment