Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Verizon phones are fixed



 Emailed Dr Ron Renzi who told me to come for my foot appt at 3 30.

This was the worst foot problem I've had since my diagnosis of diabetes. A little pink spot bulged like a small pillow, or, like a small lithium pill.



Look, I have no hard feelings for this drug, which, by now, has probly killed thousands of patients. Back then, its deleterious effects were unknown.

Is that like saying, we had no idea what would happen when Heil Hitler came to power?

Ron drilled my pink flesh with a DREMEL speed rotary tool.

Scott wants to order one to cut his toe nails. Ron pays $600, but he said you can get it cheaper - or its facsimile - on Amazon.

ED, the Verizon man, came out to fix my two phones.

Sure wish I got a photo of him. He said, My name is Ed and I stuck out my hand and said, I'm Ruth, and spelled it.

He found the crawl space which was in the laundry room, at the end, and crawled inside, this very large man. I quickly disappeared fearing I might turn into the witch in Hansel and Gretel and lock him inside.

God only knows the detritus that was in there.

I wish I could describe what Ed looked like.

ED THE VERIZON MAN

How he could drive that big white truck
or crawl like an overgrown baby into
tiny crawl spaces
or tromp through unknown backyards
crawling with tangled killer vines
and sweet smelling honeysuckle
is beyond me.

His honey blond hair
was cut straight like
a large crew cut of the
sixties, when astronauts
hauled themselves aboard
and waited with beating
heart for lift off

He looked like a thug
in a Terminator movie
but he's my guy,
that Ed, he fixed
my Horizon line.

No comments:

Post a Comment