Friday, July 12, 2019

Purple Hair Poem



Got up early and walked around the block to see the remains of the raging waters last night.

A branch or two had broken on a couple of lawns.

When I drove Scott to the train station last night,  I was quite frightened but kept my feelings to myself.

So easy for my car, altho heavy, to tip over or swing like a bowling ball into another car.

*
Snuck into Scott's house this morning to show him my Purple Hair.

Clearly, he was asleep and I won't wake him.

The first folks I showed my hair to were neighbors Eileen Adams and her friend Jill Alexander. Eileen said I looked 20 yrs younger.

I have great pix of my hair that my stylist AZRA from Hair Cuttery took of me, but I dunno how to get em on the blog.

*
When Rem drove me to the Reading Phillies game last week, I saw a woman with blue hair, a shade similar to cotton candy.

Stuck in my mind.

I trust my stylist. She said my hair would look better purple. She also threaded my billy-goat chin - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threading_(epilation) - look! epilation!

Then we went into the back for her to wax my facial hair.

All the ways, I said to her, that you can cause me pain.

Azra, in fact, is from Iran. She's leaving on Sunday for a long-awaiting vacation trip - to Mexico - with her whole family. She and her pastor's wife speak every morning.

Image result for elmer gantry


I forgot to check my sugar level before I arrived in her salon, so I actually asked her to buy me a Starbucks, with caramel and cream!

Image result for starbucks iced coffee and caramel

Don't you love the Green Straw?

The purpose of this blog is to write a poem PURPLE.

Lemme look in the baffroom meer.

Eeeek!  I am getting used to it.

PURPLE

Let your mind travel back to the 15th century BC.
Christ was not yet born nor was the prophet Muhammed.
The Jews were traveling in sandals across the deserts
preparing their inquisitve minds for the one and only one
Deity.

Royal robes were needed in the time of The Iliad
and The Odyssey. Most precious was purple, from
the shells of a sea snail. Thousands of the tiny
soft creatures must be found. Obedience was a necessity.

The snails soaked, a tiny gland removed, and a
color transformation took place. A color so bold
so brassy so infinitely beautiful that all who
looked were spellbound, in love with a color.

I wear my Purple like a proud head-dress.
For I, born on Christmas Day, allow the stars
and constellations to twinkle through my
hair, once dark brown, then dyed red, blonde
and now the color of royalty, Purple.





No comments:

Post a Comment