Sunday, July 28, 2019

Concert at Masons Mill Park

Didn't know who was playing but the bands are always great.

Photos please:

At the very end a little Asian boy arrived and won everybody's heart.

He tried to climb up the bandstand but Mom wouldn't let him.

 I parked across the street, then trotted down the hill - you'll see my shoes shortly - and sat on a series of benches.

The Red Angel Band was quite good. The female vocalist was excellent.

She sang the Stevi Nicks song Rhiannon, a few Carole King's including one she wrote for the Monkees, and a song that made Linda Ronstandt famous. Just one look.
I brought my purple camera which matched my purple hair and also a bag of salted pretzels.

People sat in little groups, some of them knitting.

Yes there were gnats which I reflexively swatted away.

Ahimsa.

Ages ago I read the Will and Ariel Durant books on Civilization.

From Wiki   The Story of Civilization, by husband and wife Will and Ariel Durant, is an 11-volume set of books covering Western history for the general reader.
The series was written over a span of more than four decades. It totals four million words across nearly 10,000 pages, with 2 further books in production at the time of the authors' deaths.[1] In the first volume (Our Oriental Heritage, which covers the history of the Middle East and Orient to 1933), Will Durant stated that he wanted to include the history of the Westto the early 20th century. However, the series ends with The Age of Napoleon because the Durants both died – she in her 80s and he in his 90s – before they could complete additional volumes. They also left behind notes for a 12th volume, The Age of Darwin, and an outline for a 13th, The Age of Einstein, which would have taken The Story of Civilization to 1945.
The first six volumes of The Story of Civilization are credited to Will Durant alone, with Ariel recognized only in the Acknowledgements. Beginning with The Age of Reason Begins, Ariel is credited as a co-author.
The series won a Pulitzer Prize for General Nonfiction in 1968 with the 10th volume in the series, Rousseau and Revolution.

***
Okay, no can find shoes n socks I wore.
I munched on a small pack of Snyder's pretzels.
The Red Angel band thanked us people of Upper Moreland - yay! - I applauded and said they were gonna do two more songs.
I exited on the perimeter, found my car, and drove home while it was still quite light.
So, what do I do now?
Let's see what's on Channel 12, shall we?
Submitted my short story, which thankfully Martha called Wonderful to Scarlet Leaf Review. And, yes it was based on someone... Walter Straus. What a character. Hope you're still alive, Walt !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment