Saturday, June 22, 2019

My short story THE WALL

Last night I watched American Masters.

The conductor Robert Shaw was featured. First a protege of George Szell, who changed his name so he wouldn't be taken for Jewish, Robert Shaw learned the art of music, of conducting, of producing glorious chorale music from the greats and mostly from himself.

As I watched, I thought, That's what I'll write about for my writing group.

Judy told me in the car that her dad, a violinist, played with Szell,

When I went to Momz on Sunday she said she watched the Robert Shaw program. I was so proud of her!!!

Beatriz had her family visiting from Venezuela. She couldn't wait till we met them.

Laura is a physician, tall, with long braids.

She may work in hospice. Her daughter was there, too.

Beatriz jibed, I'll forget how to walk, they do everything for me.

She had a huge white bandage over a swollen leg.

What?

When I woke up this morning I said How can I possibly write my story THE WALL.  Too ambitious.

First I ate a huge egg breakfast, took the yellow pitcher of eggs, etc, to the compost heap. It was sweltering outside.  Continued.....



No comments:

Post a Comment