Monday, June 3, 2019

Lunch at Mom's - Her quandary - Poem: Who Am I


Radio announcement just now - Small earthquake yesterday off the coast of N J. The Coast Guard noticed. I was having terrible dreams. My phone had rung at 3:30 am - no one there - awakening me from a deep sleep. Then I began having more nightmares.

Were they precipitated by watching Brian Stevenson on TED Talks. His Equal Justice Institute that he founded built a Museum for People Who Had Been Lynched.

Atrocities unthinkable!


Read more below

Our organization TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks (18 minutes or less). TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics — from science to business to global issues — in more than 100 languages.

*

Mom's favorite thing is the Sundays where we all meet at her house.

She's in a quandary about whether she should have surgery to possibly alleviate her pain. I say, Go for it. She'll see Dr Starr.

We talked about many subjects including Scott's second story deck and what he grilled for us. My fingertips ached from touching hot potatoes straight from the grill. 

Mom said she had a dream she got married.

Hmmm.

Metaphor perhaps for good news?

Just put in the mailbox a YES I CAN postcard. A little girl is lost in the forest and can't find her way home. She meets a blonde princess in a little hut who touches her with her magic wand and presto the little girl is home again.

Leaving shortly for volunteer job at Second Home.

I've shared before.... do I really matter there?

WHO AM I ?

My footprint is in Alaska, Seattle, Allendale, Michigan, Chicago, Cleveland, Vermont
but in my latter years in this large cardboard hut made of shiny reflective materials
where birds perch and shit.

In a short 20 years I'll be gone.

Let us praise famous men and women reads The Apocrypha.

The decision shan't be mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment