Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Liability Insurance Poem - Goddard College Poem


LIABILITY INSURANCE

Ever read essays where they define the word?

"Liability insurance provides the insured party with protection against claims resulting from injuries and damage to people and/or property."

Dave and I had a pleasant conversation about this insurance, which I am mandated to purchase
once again for my New Directions Support Group.

Michael LaBarbera failed to respond.

Insure, insure, insure.

Do you know the meaning of suffering?

Every day I try to give Her hope over the phone.

I emailed her the ballad Bring Him Home by Alfie Boe.

She works through her tears.
Tears? Make that agony. Why aren't
the meds working?

Next on the list is Welbutrin. Do not take the
generic. I know these things since I've been
in the business since I was 38 and suffered
horridly.

The Almighty plays no favorites. A man was attacked
by a shark the other day. No it was not Robert Shaw
in Jaws.

Step out the door and you are in danger.
Killed by Ubleck falling from the sky.
A rabid dog like in Old Yeller giving you
unquenchable thirst.

My friend Tom, living in peace in a nursing home
while his wife Shirley crumbles like a Greek statue
piece by piece.

Then again you may have a spectacular evening
revisiting the Goddard College of your dreams
in Vermont. My errant love and I lie on the grass
in the open fields.

It is twilight and we stare at Venus rising.
Neither he nor I have been touched by death.
A cool breeze ruffles my white hair. His is
black, dyed, like the movie stars he resembles.

We kiss all over, healing every patch of still
young, still beautiful bodies.

Let's stay here forever.
The memories I put in my pocket.
Reachable as the moon wends south.

No comments:

Post a Comment