Saturday, June 22, 2019

Dog Day Afternoon and more - Today's short story THE WALL - Part One

Scott finally got his wish to watch the entire film, Dog Day. He loves Al Pacino.

It dragged on and on, so I finally left.

The reviews were great.... until it comes to the inevitable end.

I do not what to know what the end is.



We BBQd on the deck.

This is the life. Unless you/re Sonny, heading for the inevitable end.

My friend Ginny who lives at Phoebe emailed me. She lost her phone. I wrote her telling her she;s very talented, do art work.

Here's a poem I wrote her

FIREFLIES

They're only here for a little while

Everything has its season

The leaves on the maple

The revolution of the moon

Fireflies have brief trysts to find a mate

Then disappear and await

the next generation.

*
Our REM from our writers group was very ill and in the hospital. His belly. Sick as a dog.

Judy called to wish him well.

I emailed him my short story which he printed out. Can't wait to read his remarks.

He said to thank Judy. At Scott's I keep a phone list from 2015.

Four people had succumbed to suicide on the list

Ron Abrams - Kevin Harris - Frank Wolfe - and Jill Koehler died from kidney failure.

*
I wrote the son of my late friend Judy Diaz and sent it to Ada to review. She no reviewed it as she and Rich must be with their grandkids or on Broadway viewing innovative plays.

Bradley Cooper and others will be at the Kimmel Center soon.

Is it possible for me to get up my gumption and go?



No comments:

Post a Comment