Thursday, May 2, 2019

Will I ever finish this book? Pure Slush will publish my Mailman Dante story

Image result for disobedience by jane hamilton


I had all sorts of nightmares about finishing Jane Hamilton's DISOBEDIENCE. Difficult to read and repetitious but I daren't let our book club down by not appearing.

At 3 am I remembered I had one more plastic bag of unwanted items to bring to the curb for garbage eve.

Downstairs into the night I goes.

It was beautiful outside. No sky, but a mist over the entire neighborhood.

Wished I could stay outside and linger.

As I re-entered my side door I had a fierce urge to pee.

Pulled down my PJ bottoms, stuck my plump ass out and peed.

What if one of them coyotes hippety hopped to my big-ass bottom and tried to eat a chunk of it.

Ooh-wee, not a good way to go.

Lovely purple iris are coming up on the side of my house.

Got them at Wankel's Nursery when I worked in Bristol as a psycho-therapist.

Wankel's is long gone. Linda Rooney and I bought them together. She was Tim's secretary, the big boss.

The gong on the ranch just rang.

Time for breakfast.

Oh, I've gotta write a poem.

AZALEAS A'BLOOMING

What? To you reading this from faraway
you may not know what's an azalea?
They planted them in clumps when this
neighborhood was born.

My white ones are coming in
Pure and pearly as the wedding dress
I wore from Evan Piccone, all those years ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment