Saturday, May 18, 2019

New poem Lights, Writing Group and the Eats we et

LIGHTS

May 18, 2019

Open the window
feel the cool breeze
on my hot skin ensconced
in a green nightgown
I bought when Simon
lived with me.

Once after he moved out
we talked on the phone
about God. Thomas Aquinas
was his alibi for why
God exists. Sorry you died
a miserable death. Misery
stalked this good man.

The moon is rising, huge,
simply huge, over Charley's
house. What happened to
Charley's mind? Guess it's
what you call dementia tho
he taught me many things about
plants when he walked across
the street in his slippers
and pajama tops.

The solar lights are placed
just so on the lawn. Bird poop
well-aimed sits atop a few.

Do you feel important?
Do you feel God cares?
At night if I remember
to say my prayers, or, vespers,
as Christopher Robin would say,
I fall asleep in the middle,
bored to death.

*
We had a terrific writing group at B's. I drove Judy who wrote Weather Report. On the way home I started narrating - oh, look, there's a dialysis center, I'm sure lucky I never needed it. Then I apologized for constantly telling her the same things.

That's fine, she said. I know you enjoy talking about them.

My true story was called I LOVE SCOTT EVERY SINGLE DAY.

The group liked it. What should I do with it?

*
Rem's "Randy Package" was awfully good. Witty and profound.

Rem brought two huge choc chip cookies and shared one with Judy. Salivating mightily I waited for her to ask me to share them.

Fab!

Stood up, went to the dining room and shot up in my big fat belly.

Ken brought fresh sandwich cookies. I chose strawberry. They had a remarkably fake quality to them.

BTW, got a film out of the library. What was it called? Absolutely horrible.

Other writers were Barbara Custer who is a publisher. She read several pages from her sci-fi novel. Linda Barrett wrote a poem about an egg and a sperm, her mom Jane was there with her cane and fell asleep for awhile, I did not, probly cuz I had my delicious Taster's Choice while I was writing.

Like wine, it gets better with age. I found it in my cupboard above the dishwasher I never use.

Beatriz wrote about Dancing Wasps, males courting, better than going to a singles bar.

Shall I insert photos?

Image result for tasters choice




No comments:

Post a Comment