Thursday, May 2, 2019

Disobedience by Jane Hamilton - Today is Holocaust Remembrance Day - Holocaust Poem

All we did for a while was complain about the above book.

Eileen, an assistant librarian I'd never heard of, led the discussion. She had finished the book the night before and remembered so many details.

We had a big group. I didn't tell them I hadn't finished the book. Had a few comments and finally said, I changed my mind and I do like the book after all.

Hold on while I get my Starbucks Iced Caramel Black Coffee w cream, since I just came home with a box full of groceries.

Remember, I keep my groceries in a box. I plopped it on the kitchen table, Was anxious to hear if Sarah Lynn left me a message.

Yes, Ethan is finally coming home tonight.

While driving home from Giant, I was disobedient and didn't wear my seat belt. It's so much more comfortable that way.

Read the book downstairs on the comfy bed, but I was freezing!

I read the large print edition which was harder to read. It seemed like I rarely made any progress.

At the Giant I ate chick noodle and dumpling soup and broccoli au gratin. Both superb!

My sugar is over the moon - an expression I do not like - but I won't inject anything as I'll go to Scott's to watch the evening news.

Today is Holocaust Remembrance Day.

Let's see if YouTube has any poignant songs about it. Click here.

Poem:

THE HOLOCAUST

Finally in my early 70s
I watch or read anything
offered about the Holocaust.

A dream by the Third Reich
that almost came true.

The Fuhrer, I imagine, was blown
into a million pieces, no, make that
a billion, so each particle could
do no harm and has been sucked
into the Black Hole, the point
of no return.




Permission was granted for me to write a piece about MAY IS MENTAL HEALTH MONTH.

The new editor wrote me back this morning.

WHOOPEE !!!

I feel it's my obligation as Founder/Director of New Directions Support Group.



No comments:

Post a Comment