Thursday, May 30, 2019

Early Breakfast at T N T - Outrageous attack against Planned Parenthood, defended well by its new president.... read on!



Sit anywhere you like, said Tim, a friendly guy. 


AN EARLY BREAKFAST AT TNT IN HATBORO PA

My phlebotomist Jane and I
were chatting, so I forgot
about the tubes of blood
that were quickly exiting
my body for my Lebanese-born
Dr Ghantous, God bless the
ruination of his people

To reward myself, tho punish
is the better word,
I drove to the diner
bargained with tattooed Chris
for a medium sized breakfast

Scrambled eggs I dotted with pepper
A huge pancake, the size of a
dinner plate at a formal wedding
I spread with butter, then poured over
real maple syrup, and munched happily
while swooning and swigging iced water
and hot coffee

The hashed browns I loaded with ketchup
the crisp ones are the best, as you probably
know, but that chipped beef (!) the one they
call SOS on Navy Destroyers, destroyed my
saline balance, you must stop eating, I
chastened myself and did.

The coffee was hot and topped off several times
as I read The Flicker of Old Dreams
then drove home over a road renamed for
a dead veteran

I fell into bed, at home, as one dead,
then awoke by a toe cramp, leaning
to the right, all by herself,
stomping it did no good.

Someday, perhaps I shall learn.

*
Just watched the PBS Nightly News. The president of Planned Parenthood defended the outrageous practices demanded by legislators.


Dr. Leana Wen, President/CEO

Dr. Leana Wen is the new President of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America and the Planned Parenthood Action Fund. She is the first physician in nearly 50 years to lead the organization. Planned Parenthood provides vital health services to nearly 2.5 million men and women each year through its more than 600 health centers across the country.

About Dr. Wen 

Dr. Leana Wen joined Planned Parenthood Federation of America as President in November 2018, which is the nation’s leading provider of sexual and reproductive health care and education. With over 600 health centers and a presence in all 50 states, as a national health care organization, Planned Parenthood provides vital community health care to nearly 2.5 million women, men, non-binary people, youth, and families every year. One in five American women have been patients at Planned Parenthood. Dr. Wen, who joined the organization in November 2018, is the first physician to lead Planned Parenthood in nearly 50 years and its first AAPI president. She is an immigrant, a practicing ER doctor, a public health leader, and a passionate advocate for reproductive health and rights. Previously, she served as the Health Commissioner for the City of Baltimore, where she led the nation’s oldest continuously operating health department to fight the opioid epidemic, treat violence and racism as public health issues, and improve maternal and child health. She is on the faculty of George Washington University School of Medicine and the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.

No comments:

Post a Comment