Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Photo of Memorial Day at the Demings - Poem: My Living Room


I am drinking cold water with ice. However, I did have a couple sips of Dan's cold beer.

On this hot and muggy day, Garbage Night, May 29, 2019, I've turned on my AC to 80, to cool down the house. Rode my bike for 20 minutes while Scott was downstairs loading this photo.

Am working on a short story about the Million Man March. To prepare, went on YouTube and watched August Wilson on Masterpiece Theatre.


MY LIVING ROOM

My whole life history is here
The Ruth museum, my trip to Haiti
Overseas to find Michaelangelo
And suck gelati in the Plaza

Ralph Nelms, the schoolbus driver
who gave me a mama and baby stork
as he died of ALS and clay saucers
vibing from Africa.

Tall feathers on a sunny window sill
waiting to fly away when the Apocalypse comes
Hark! The bugle sounds. The flood rains down.
Pick one thing and be gone.

A wall hanging from South America?
David's ceramic bird house?
A vanilla Dixie cup?

The memory of the swiftly flying
hummingbird.

No comments:

Post a Comment