Friday, May 31, 2019

Fueling myself with music, iced coffee, sardines and peanuts - Poem: Birdland

Wrote this poem earlier today.

BIRDLAND

In swoops the reddest cardinal
you ever did see
He sure likes the seeds in our
feeders
Mr Robin Redbreast
bathes in my birdbath
Not so much bathing
as standing sentry
over every living thing
in the neighborhood.

Come night, the birds
bed down in unseen places. As a child
I had a nature book by Donald Culross Peattie
the colors flew off the page and left
me stunned.

Feathers. Fly like Icarus, Fly.

Image result for painting of icarus


*
Am now working on my short story about the Million Man March. Gotta think of a title.

Went shopping this morning with my newly widowed mother/law, Natalie. Scott was taking her food shopping.

Am listening to The Magic Flute on YouTube. Waiting for Papagayna. There's a new group I discovered called The Twilight Sad. Let's hear that now.

Yeah, but the music turns off the blog.

Gotta tell you sitting here for hours makes my butt hurt and my feet sweat.

Stand up, for pete's sake.

*

Goodnight Swiftie, wherever you are.




No comments:

Post a Comment