Friday, May 3, 2019

Cream of Mushroom Soup - Poem: The Favorites - Happy Birthday Dad - Interested in Privacy?

Dee-licious! Sauteed mushrooms, onions, garlic, in a broth of Almond Milk. A complete meal.

Am gonna see the free film THE FAVOURITE at the Huntingdon Valley Library.

Why not write a poem of the same name?

BTW, my phone is off-hook so the solicitors can't reach me. We'll show those batardes!

THE FAVORITES

Grandchildren
Grace and Max
who call me Bubby
"Bubby's here!"
My Robert Shaw Timer
which dings politely when time's up
Thing to do
is write write write
Movies that bring chills
and tears
Living another day
eating buttered toast
and drinking a hot cup
of java.

GUESS WHAT?

The movie was horrible!
Stayed thru most of it and finally left.
Look, I don't mind cursing and nudity but what the hell was it all about?

AM GATHERING INFO now about my article on MAY IN MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS MONTH.

My son/law Ethan Iverson won a prize for Best Jazz Blog. View here. Scroll down.

Super-kind fellow which is why I was overjoyed when they married. Come on over to my house to view their wedding photo on my wall.

I have Mozilla Thunderbird. Read this article on privacy. Fas-cinating!!!


2.36 percent
citi card

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD

Marlindale
Glenmore
Loretta Court
Gantt Drive
You had an entire life
before you and I met, Dad
I can pick you out in a
faded black n white photograph
my little Dad, always trying
to climb the mountains of
desire
Did Mama know you smoked,
hung out with the tough guys
in the back alleys of coal-dirty
Cleveland?

That's why you joined the US Marines.
"Tough as nails" was your middle name.

I remember when you dragged me to
Majestic on Superior Avenue, we
ate with the boys, Hexter, Morty with the pock-marred face,
Harvey, Wittis, Shelly with the coffee breath,
you gave me money for the jukebox while I chowed down
a ham sandwich on rye, crunchy potato
chips on the side, while "I Only Have Eyes
for You" played and I swooned.

How's heaven treating you Dad?
Some people your age, 98, are still alive
It's the statistics you said on your
death vigil,
"We're waiting for him to die,"
Donna told us, as your faithful wife Penelope
aka Bernice, fed you bubbly enzymes to keep you alive
B-u-r-p!

We were believers then and knew you'd survive.
Once you and I were on the bright back porch
with flowery cushions. You'd had your vanilla ice cream
and Planter's Peanuts
and would soon go to bed.

And did finally at 59, curled up like a fetus
as they wheeled you away to Heaven.

Good ole Handsome Hal, who loved to sing
and honor the Jews with that huge ever-
growing lump in your brain, that destroyed
our whole family for a while.

Let's sing the birthday song!

May 4, may this day with its songbirds, flowering azaleas
and clouds scampering across the sky, be forever blessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment