Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Sent out postcards - Poem for my accountant ODE TO MICHAEL

Plopped on the living room carpet with clipboard, addresses, and shtamps and put everything in mailbox. One envelope contained a $5 bill for the DAV. Disabled American Veterans. Instead of leaving a return address, I wrote Nice Person Who Admires Art.

Wrote Grace Gaga, Max Atticus, Tree and husband Jerry, Sarah and Ethan.

Why are postcards important? We keep in touch via words, remembering what each one is doing, and talking about things we may have learned. To Sarah, I said, did you know Centa tomatoes are pronounced CHENTO?

Just woke up at hour ago - it's 12:39 now - after horrible dreams!

Was trying to get ready for something but couldn't find the proper clothes.

I wrenched myself out of bed and then I knew twas only a dream.

Image result for white tulips  Bought white tulips at Giant. They're on my front window sill now.

In a couple minutes the timer will ring and my Fish Stew will be ready.

First, I sauteed in olive oil and butter, the fresh shrimp - Michael instructed me to cut off the tails - and saute the fresh squid. It was very tough to cut.

Diced onions. Pinch of garlic.

I added a can of Cento tomatoes, carton of chicken broth, fresh basil and finally a handful of whole wheat linguine.

The thick soup is cooling in the kitchen.

Bought a new kind of tea - Mango-Ginger by Yogi. The tea aisle is filled with beautiful colorful boxes, each with a small description to persuade you to buy it.

I'd worn my good shoes I got at Lafferty Chevrolet, not really, bc I knew I'd be in the store quite awhile.

Was up in the middle of the night Compassing. One story very difficult to write. I asked Mark to email in the morning. I'm probly gonna ruin his day. He's probly working on it now. Or not.

When I wrote Grace I told her about my tea and that I first tasted mango when I visited San Juan Puerto Rico when I was around 19.

My dad always admired me for traveling.

Where do people get their lust for traveling?

Dad's older sister, Aunt Hy, traveled by bus from her home in Redwood, California. For the first time, I met her sons, Danny and Ray, who just died of a heart attack at about sixty. Ray was a prominent chef, a huge guy, who had a kidney tplant due to diabetes. Read about him here.



Just ate my fish chowder or whatever you wanna call it.

Delicious. However, I began coffing due to the fresh pepper I grated inside. So I added more soup.

Very good. I went outside on the front porch to eat it.

It was drizzling!

***

In appreciation of  my accountant working on a grant, I wrote him this poem.

ODE TO MICHAEL

The Fortune Cookie reads You will Go on a Great Adventure

Choose as Many as you Like:

Off to Danali National Park, Far North in Alaska

Danali, a snow-capped mountain is the tallest in the USA

The view will take your breath away and make you fall speechless on your knees

Is that a silky white polar bear?

A grey wolf trotting with his pack?

Never has nature been so bountiful

We must protect it from the horrors of Climate Change.

***

DIAMOND HEAD STATE PARK

76 degrees there right now.

Quick, board a jet and get there before snows

reign down here

The spirit of Jack Lord in Hawaii Five O

will sail with you on a skiff as you marvel

on the ever-changing colors of the waters

Book 'em Macrone!

***

LAKE TAHOE in the middle of our nation

boasts Turquoise Seas you'll never forget.

In troubled times, they will bring you

peace, tranquility, and wisdom. Love will

surround you the rest of your days.

- Thanks again, Michael Macrone!

Ruth Z Deming

***

I was planning on entering the Montgomery County Community College Writer's Contest, but the note I received was illegible.

So I wrote the president's office - a friend of mine said he'd never answer - but his secretary emailed me today.

If you want something done, you go to the top!

I'm gonna call her right now to make sure I understood correctly that Montco residents will no longer be able to contribute, only students.

I was looking so forward to it. It's like being George Frederick Handel and being commissioned by the The King.

Hallelujah!




No comments:

Post a Comment