Friday, January 4, 2019

A Day in the Life of Mrs Dalloway aka Ruth Z Deming


A DAY IN THE LIFE OF MRS DALLOWAY
aka RUTH Z DEMING

Wake up
Look out bedroom window
to see if the
world's still there

Car in drive covered
in mist like spider's web

"Embrace flute and harpsichord
concertos of Telemann," says Maestro
Gregg Whiteside, morning
man on classical
music station

Drive to grocery store
remembering when Davisville Road
was nothing but greenery
moo-cows in the barn
with their heavy earthbound
smells

The farm girl in overalls
with her pitch fork
turning over straw
to feed the pigs and the one
baby piglet named Elmer
from Charlotte's Web

At home, lie on red couch
to read, but fall asleep
to Mrs. Dalloway, wondering
where she's gone to.

***

Just finished my delicious fruit-filled oatmeal I ate from a slightly cracked bowl.

"Out with ya" is my motto for cracked bowls unless twas given to me, filled with meatballs and spaghetti sauce by Bart's mother.

From a party I had once upon a time.

***
Land o Lakes! 

Gotta call Verizon now.

THE MOST ODIOUS TASK of em all.

***
Spoke to Chris from Virginia is for lovers.

He signed me up for automatic payments.

Whew! Now the rest of the day is mine!

***
Whoa, not so fast.

Am trying to change the messages on the New Directions account. Cannot figure out how.

Scott will help me when he wakes up from his nap.

At first Chris wanted to turn me over to their biz account, but I persuaded him it's not a biz account. Nice man. His wife, he said, takes good c/o him. They are healthy eaters.

Sister Donna was here as was Scott. They were making so much noise I had to go upstairs in my office and shut the door.


No comments:

Post a Comment