Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Poem about the Killings at Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh and more



OY VEH
OY VEH
VEY IS MIR!

Nothing but Yiddish will do
to express our Sorrow of the
massacre at Squirrel Hill
Tree of Life synagogue
in Pittsburgh, city of three
rivers.

Eleven! Eleven dead at the hands
of the deluded shooter.

David ben Gurion
Martin Buber
Isaac Bashevis Singer
pray for peace wherever
you may be.

So do I and also prayed
before bed for the leader of
the United States to change
his vicious dialogs that stoke
the killings like wildfires
decimating Colorado pines.

VEY IS MIR!
VEY IS MIR!

Come to our defense, Almighty,
or stay silent until we all
lose our humanity.

***
If you wish to donate to Tree of Life Synagogue, the mailing address is:

Tree of Life
5898 Wilkins Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15217

***
What can we do? Each of us has a family. Often there are family feuds. Speak nicely and bury your harsh feelings. Do the best you can. Make God proud of you. 

***
Sent this out as an email alert to folks in New Directions.

***
Had breakfast at TNT Diner in Hatboro, PA. Love that place. Delicious scrambled eggs which I dotted with pepper, and hash browns laden with ketchup.

Sadly, as I told my neighbor Eileen, there was a lotta cursing up at the front table, and statements like "I'm gonna slap you in your head."

***
Made my delicious Green Bean Salad and brought it to next-door neighbor Eileen's. What a great companion she is. Very positive with a great sense of humor. We drank Lemonade, cold and delicious and refreshing, on this cool autumn day.

Then we walked a block on Cowbell Road. 

***
Just heard the roar of the motors, meaning The Kiernan Kids just finished mowing my lawn.
Great kids, hard-working like their mom n dad.

***

 Just started my short story, tentatively named Kidnapped, which is due tomorrow night at midnight. 

Good beginning but gotta finish and polish it up.

***
Ate a great meal of oatmeal and pumpkin almond milk w pecans and sunflower seeds. Ate it while watching a Netflix film I just started called Wild District.

***
My friend Harriet sent me a video from her synagogue about the gathering of people of many faiths to share thoughts and feelings about Squirrel Hill. More than 1,000 people gathered in unity and in love. Watch it here. It begins around an hour in

Okay, gonna get back to Kidnapped, which features the one and only Freddy Mercury. 

Years ago, my kids bought me a poster of Queen, which I kept in the dining room at Village Green over my Selectric typewriter. Beige. With the ball of fonts.

Enjoy your dinner and be kind. Be kind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment