Wednesday, October 24, 2018

More poems for ya! It takes a worried Mom! Watched a great film! Verizon Message



Just wrote this and dedicated to my friend Teresa who gave me two gift cards for Wawa. I had $27 left on it so I bought Chicken Crab Soup, a meatball hoagie, and Coffee, which was terrible, until I came home and doctored it up with Pumpkin Almond Milk.

On TV right now I listened to the terrible plight of mothers who have no idea where their children and babies are, or if they're even alive.

The NY Times had some advice for how to respond to this, the worst situation in the world.

Today I went to the office of  state rep Tom Murt to see if they could fix my home phone. Verizon has been terribly unhelpful. 

As Patti said, if that's your worst problem, it's not so bad.


WAWA AND THE SONG OF HIAWATHA

I must confess my heart lights up
when I spot a Wawa! The winged goose
soars silently but if you use your
imagination you can hear its cheery honk
which guides its numbers to safe wet spots
across the land.

How many of us are truly happy? I am
when I enter the store. The workers
are nice! Go out of their way to
help you.

That name we're so used to. A baby name,
like Wah-Wah, I want my mommy. You'll
be surprised to learn it's from the Ojibwe words
for goose, the Canada goose, taken from the
Song of Hiawatha, which features old Nikomis
and Minnehaha!

Picture, if you will, a reading of the
first two stanzas of the poem, near the
free ATM machine.

By the shore of Gitche Gumee,
By the shining Big-Sea-Water,
At the doorway of his wigwam,
In the pleasant Summer morning,
Hiawatha stood and waited.

He waits there still, beseeching us
to honor our sacred lands, our sacred
Mother, to pick up our litter, and
sully not the land with pesticides
or other unnaturals.

Peace and love, he cries, his
black hair swinging in the wind.

FORTY SIX DEGREES AND COUNTING, WE HOPE

Greg Whiteside on member-supported WRTI
said it was 46 degrees outside.
Forty six, I thought, and walked
outside on my front porch.
Certainly not a day you'd go out
barefoot to show off your polished
pink toenails, but you do wanna
show yourself how brave you are
before surrendering to your
warm kitchen where the oatmeal
with pumpkin almond milk awaits.


MY LIFE AS A FERAL CAT

Meow! Meow!
Don't come near.
I cannot trust you.
Yet well fed am I.
Food is found everywhere.
With my black paw I push aside
a rock. I'm faster than the
salamander dwelling there.

Mice may freak you out.
Not me. Nice small bones
that feel good n crunchy
all the way down.

Water? I'm up early
in the morning and lick
the dew off the grass
and ivy.

Happy? There's no happier
cat than your fat cat
Snappy Lou!


THE QUEEN SPEAKS

Queen Ruth Zali
produced two fine heirs
Princess Sarah Lynn
and Prince Daniel Paul

They dwelled in fine homes
and loved their work.
The Princess helped
the less fortunate,
while the Prince, with
the guidance of his wife,
Nicole, helped Max and Grace
grow into the best citizens
of our land.

The Queen thinks she's nothing
like the Evil Queen in Snow White
or Isabella who purged her nation
of Jews.

A mezuzah hangs in the doorway
of the Queen's home,
honoring the Almighty
to write the words of God
on the gates and doorposts
of your house.

***

Called Mom last night just to report on my day. Told her I got my labs done at Quest.

Are you worried about them, she asked.

Of course not, I snapped.

***
Watched half an hour of the highly touted Haunting of Hill House.

The acting was superb. The story was a bore.

***
Upstairs I go to ride bike. Ate way too many pretzels I bought at Whole Foods.

Scott and I drove there to see if they had a cauliflower crust since Giant no longer carries them.

I bought wonderful small pretzels and a new thing - pita chips.

The chips were so salty they were like a salt lick in the mountains of Punjab.

Threw them in the garbage so I wouldn't poison our creatures at our dump. I mean compost heap.

***
How many great films are there to watch?

Three Identical Strangers. Poignant, deep, reflective, and horrifying.

Check it outa the libe as I did.

***

Got this email from the idiots at Verizon. Oh, their gonna ruin my credit report? I already own my own home, car, Water Pic, and 27 hand-ker-chiefs. Plus I have a stellar view of the moon from my front door.

Reconnect your Verizon service with these easy payment options.

We know how important it is to have your Verizon service reconnected to avoid permanent termination and any applicable early termination fees.
We’ve made it easy for you to make a payment 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Pay with any of the options below and we'll receive immediate notification of
your payment.
  • My Fios app - works for non-Fios customers too
  • Pay online at verizon.com/payonline
  • Pay by Phone at 1.800.Verizon (1.800.837.4966) ($3.50 vendor fee applies)
Important Credit Reporting Notice:
We furnish our customers' bill payment information to the major credit reporting agencies in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

No comments:

Post a Comment