Thursday, October 25, 2018

Big Day Today Poem: Ordering my Medication



Yes it was. Gonna take my first piano lesson with Joanna Firth. She sounds like a young woman when I called her to say, "Joanna, I could not find your house, so I came home."

A nice woman named Lisa helped me on her iPhone but to no avail.

Scott and I will take a trial run. He doesn't know this yet as he's asleep but I mailed him a poem about how much he means to me.

Here's what he'll say, "You wasted a stamp! Why didn't you just leave it in my mailbox?"

I couldn't decide what to eat for breakfast, so I asked my best friend, Google, and she gave me the info.

Click here.

Eggs, Greek Yogurt, Coffee, Oatmeal, Chia Seeds (good for those w diabetes) plus there's a chia seed pudding, which I may make, Berries, Nuts, Green Tea... Cottage Cheese, which I ate silently so you wouldn't see me. Had cut up apples and cinnamon in there.

Wrote my 89-yo friend Helene today. I used a large font and composed a poem to her.

ORDERING MY MEDICATION

Make sure I’ve got my reading glasses on, the blue ones are my favorite. Blue, like my son Dan’s eyes.

Dial the CVS Pharmacy, 215 658 1465. Too hard to commit to memory at my age.

Oh, the man talks so fast. Like in a movie where you need subtitles to understand the dialog.

I punch in the numbers of the meds I need. Tacrolimus, the most important, to keep my kidney transplant in good shape.

Sarah, you know, now 43, donated it in 2011 after naughty lithium ruined my twin kidneys.

Pills, Pills, Pills.

I keep mine in a blue pill box. Sometimes a pill drops on the floor.

Mercy me! Where the hell are ye?

***

Hope these Jewish artists from the revolutionary days of the early 1900s. There's an exhibition with their wonderful works showcased. Ah, how I loved working for Art Matters. That's how I met Helene.  


Who's the artist? Send me an email if you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment