Tuesday, October 16, 2018

My back is getting better - Poem: Eating Monterray Jack Cheese in the Dark


When your back is really painful as mine is/was, it's hard to believe it will ever get better.

It is, thanks to Margaret Fitzpatrick.

She worked me really hard today. I was walking backward at her Hatboro office. This is about trust, I told her. We walked up the steps. She had me on a small balancing stool where I had to close my eyes.

Totter totter totter!

My friend G from New Directions was there.

Told Margaret I was gonna go to Wawa across the street for a cuppa coffee. "Tree" gave me a gift card I haven't used up yet.

Carefully crossed the street. Entered the Wawa which looked very strange!!!

The place where you order soups n sandwiches was covered over with a long piece of paper.

The place where the many different kinds of coffee are ... was not there.

What's going on?

Aqua, the water company, is installing new water meters, so they had NO WATER.

When I got home I made my own coffee with Dunkin Donuts original dark roasted.

Delicious! I sat down on Red Couch and simply enjoyed the wonderful flavor. Drank it in my new favorite cup from Helene.



Got one of those requests to contact my State Senator - Stewart Greenleaf - to ask him to not approve a new PA Senate Bill that requires people to work in order to receive Medicaid.

I spoke to Judy and explained why this is a bad idea. We chatted for 45 minutes. Told her my name - people always think they've heard of me - and gave her the website for ND.

Last night Scott said he wanted to watch July 22 on Netflix. Oh, I watched that, I told him, but it was so good I'll watch it again.

Of course he fell asleep, so I left when he did.

This morning, tho, I finished watching it. The end is fantastic. The 'terrorist' in this true movie was given a life sentence. The attorney who represented him was asked by the terrorist if he would come and visit him in prison.

No, said the attorney. Then the terrorist stuck out his hand to be shook. The attorney would not shake it.

You lost, said the attorney. And you will always lose.

Wrote my sister Donna some Netflix films I've enjoyed. Loved the Bruce Willis film Armageddon. How dyou pronounce this word?

Arm a GED don

Wrote Donna in an attempt to make up with her since hanging up on her a week ago.

Image result for monterey jack

EATING CHEESE IN THE DARK BEFORE BED

After watching the appalling story of a woman
starving to death in a mansion in Vermont
the pit of my stomach started to ache.

What should I eat?
Brought a big slab of Monterey Jack
up to bed. Turned off the light
and munched.

The lights of cars driving by
flickered like waterfalls
- Niagara, Victoria Falls -
through my drapes and onto
the now-black wall.

I was happy.
Thanked God as I always
do, though I'm not a believer
and swallowed the last of
my cheese,

and forbad myself to
leave my warm bed
and burgundy comforter

lay down and must have
fallen asleep as I did
wake up in the morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment