Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Just watched The Hokasai Wave on You Tube PLUS Ellen stopped over

 

Ellen was in such a hurry she had no time to talk.

She will live with me for half the year and with Donna the other half.

She brought the GOYA picture home with her.


How we love that picture. Needs cleaning.

She also brought me iced coffee, which I just heated up, and poured into a cup Judy Kroll bought me.

Here come the teenagers home from school. Below, from Shaker. 


These kids are integrated. 

Good!!!!

Scott and I walked around the block as the sun was low in the sky and we couldn't go to our usual place the Willow Grove YMCA. 

I wrote Nurse Harriet and thanked her for her warm sweater.

Met Bob when I was outside. Asked how he and GF Pam were doing. She is in rehab for 30 days. 

She loves her drugs.

I remembered Livingrin from the days I worked as a psychotherapist. 

I was never a drug addict tho other people in my family were.


Scott and I passed a huge tree on our walk. 

I sure like that Hokasai Wave. 

Died an old man of 88.

Darn! He could have married my mother who died at 97!

Katsushika Hokusai, (葛飾 北斎c. 31 October 1760 – 10 May 1849) known simply as Hokusai, was a Japanese artist, ukiyo-e painter and printmaker of the Edo period.[1] Hokusai is best known for the woodblock print series Thirty-Six Views of Mount Fuji which includes the internationally iconic print The Great Wave off Kanagawa.

Hokusai created the monumental Thirty-Six Views of Mount Fuji both as a response to a domestic travel boom in Japan and as part of a personal obsession with Mount Fuji.[2] It was this series, specifically The Great Wave off Kanagawa and Fine Wind, Clear Morning, that secured his fame both in Japan and overseas. While Hokusai's work prior to this series is certainly important, it was not until this series that he gained broad recognition.[3]

Hokusai's work transformed the ukiyo-e artform from a style of portraiture largely focused on courtesans and actors into a much broader style of art that focused on landscapes, plants, and animals. Hokusai worked in various fields besides woodblock prints, such as painting and producing designs for book illustrations, including his own educational Hokusai Manga, which consists of thousands of images of every subject imaginable over fifteen volumes. Starting as a young child, he continued working and improving his style until his death, aged 88. In a long and successful career, he produced over 30,000 paintings, sketches, woodblock prints, and images for picture books in total. Innovative in his compositions and exceptional in his drawing technique, Hokusai is considered one of the greatest masters in the history of art.









No comments:

Post a Comment