Sunday, December 16, 2018

This is my Brave - Hawaii Five-O - Poem: Wicked Rain

Just got home from driving Scott in the dark night to the train station.

That's bc he helped me with my horrible HP laptop.


WICKED RAIN

Yes, I wanna visit Mom
but why risk your life
driving in the worst rain
since The Flood?

Veering into the wrong lane
was the fear. The water
slippery with a will of its own.

Would the collision be noisy or
muffled by the water? You are
too eager, too enthusiastic,
too ready to please.

No more staring outside at
the night sky. Your bones
will rattle in the grave.

Here again is THIS IS MY BRAVE.

My intro to bipolar disorder one.

What I wanted to discuss in this post was driving to Mom's at 2 pm for lunch.

Mom's companion Ina had made these wonderful turkey meatballs and squiggly noodles made from lentils.

Drove up Davisville Road to get to Byberry. Mom lives off Byberry.

The rain was pounding down and my wipers were going top speed.

What if the wipers broke? What would I do then?

I just kept my hands on the wheel and let destiny take her course.

When I was going home, the puddles were MASSIVE! The fear was your car would stall.

Told Mom, Lynn and Ellen about a new short story I wrote. Sent the finished product to Lynn and am
awaiting her response.

Brian and the Ferris Wheel is based loosely on a story of Mom's late friend Caroline Berkman and her husband Irv who adopted a baby boy.

He joined the carnival.

Mom said Irv and Brian used to physically fight. Can you imagine? But when Mom used to visit back in Cleveland, Brian was fine.

She used terms like 'a bad seed' about him - just like I did in the story.

In several of my stories, the protagonist faces events that make a hero of him. Like my late neighbor Tom Sanders who rescued people from a hurricane.

That story I can't, for the life of me, find where it is.

They develop gills and swim away.

Since Mad Swirl published my story Donald Peterson, I decided to send them another, plus three poems.

A Quiet Thanksgiving is about a man who strangled his wife.

Based on a true story that happened to Bunny, a 90-some friend of my mom's. We daren't ask how he killed her, but I think loads of people get strangled.

One of my sisters was almost choked to death and saw stars and thought, You mean, this is how I'm gonna die?

So, singer Nancy Wilson died yesterday at age 81.

Scott went shopping at B & N and bought the second volume of the original Hawaii Five-O.

Book-em Dano!

Guess who plays a drug addict? This is the 60s when drugs throughout the country. But beautiful Nancy Wilson, a famous night-club singer - remember this is not true - died from a toxic batch of heroin.

The plots on Season Two are elegant and exciting.

"Something's not right," said Steve McGarrett about an assassination attempt.n

Finally he figured it out and he and his men raced over to the beach where Jack Marley would be killed in cold blood, a small revolver pointed at his belly.

Pow! Pow!

White-haired Marley was saved. The assassin was shot dead.



No comments:

Post a Comment