Monday, December 31, 2018

It's been such a Hurry-Up Morning - Poop - Tea bags and more

Brrr!

Just came inside after chasing after Mailman Dante.

At the last minute, I wrote a p'card to Martha and many others.

As the Bible says, Don't hide your lantern under a bushel.

THIRTEEN WAYS OF LOOKING AT THE MORNING SUN

Based on the Wallace Stevens poem Thirteen Ways of
Looking at a Blackbird

What's this! My eyes are blinded by the morning glare.
The sun's big as a cheese ball at a New Year's Eve soiree
No one's invited me to.

Visit the man next door who will open with great tenacity
and vigor a glass jar of sauerkraut. The morning glare
is reflected in his hazel eyes and glass door.

Stumble blindly home and give half-assed wave to the
Irishman up the street as he drives by.

Check in dining room mirror to see if I'm changed
in the twinkling of an eye from staring at the sun.

Will I go blind? Or will all go well. I look into Beatriz's
Australian Mate Tea, I've flooded with honey for flavor
and a natural cure for - not pleurisy, nor inflammation
of the bronchial tubes - but a tickle in the back
of my throat.

We cannot throw out the sun but we can water the
philodendron with Australian Mate Tea and the
desiccated orchid beside it.

One last look behooves me.
Icarus is falling, falling.
A huge waxen feather has
fallen in my front yard.

The thirteenth way of
looking at a blackbird.

***
Said hello to Neighbor Patrick and his scaredy-cat dog Sydney, they got at a rescue shelter.

Sydney has three fave places where he likes to poop.

I pasted up Beatriz's tea bag on the wall, but then removed it. Flavorless.

Faherty shoe store is closed on Monday.

Here are some of the shoes featured by the Internet. Backcountry.com shoes.



Was trying to remember the name of a famous Philadelphia District Attorney, She was a guest at New Directions years ago. Her mentally ill son used to beat her. I wrote that she should have him arrested or he'll never learn.

I saved the notes she wrote me, but then I simply photographed them and filed them on my blog somewhere. My father/law Dave Sherman knew her.

Oyez oyez oyez! he said, meaning court was about to begin.

I really haven't a thing to do today. I know, I could edit the Compass but I'm too lazy.

Why doesn't he like pooping on my lawn?



No comments:

Post a Comment