Monday, December 17, 2018

Ask Kathy the Barista! - Ode to Kathy the Barista

Thanks to Ken Ivins for a $5 gift card from Starbucks. Kathy, the head barista set me up with a fantastic drink.

Peppermint Latte. I'm drinking it now, here on the red couch. Refilled it with hot water when I got home.

Sunny and windy outside. Hold onto your black beret.

A Green Beret , those gung-ho warriors who love nothing more than killing people, will be tried for murder. The Times sez they kill lots of Afghans or Iraqis and get away with it. Tricky Trump will review the case.

I have an important question for you, Kathy, I said.

Shall I tip my mailman.

Yes, she said unhesitatingly.

When I got home from shopping, I got in my Ferrari



and found him on Division Road.

I had two envelopes with a $20 bill inside.

One for Mailman Dante, thother for Mailman Joe.

When I woke up this morning, I said to myself, This is a long life. What will I do today to make this a better world.

First thing was to cancel my volunteer job with the elderly. Thought about it but realized I must get ready for my trip.

When Stigs answered I said I'm getting ready to go to Brooklyn to spend time with my daughter.

Scuse me while I refill my cup.

On Sunday nights I often feel stressed. The start of a new week where I actually have very little to do.

How I loved working at Bristol Bensalem as a therapist.

In fact on Sunday night when we celebrated Scott's 60th b'day at Angelo's, I saw my old boss Kathy DeCato.



This is not her and she was not as sweet as a puddycat, at least not to me.

She's been retired for five years.

One of my clients was related to Wyatt Earp. Seriously.

Such interesting people. I still talk to JP periodically.

Some were holy bores! They couldn't challenge themselves to talk. Or think!

I did write a short story about an Afghan veteran. Rejected by "Slush," I wasted no time in publishing it on Short Story. net. It's titled AT EASE, SOLDIER.

Read it here.

You choose your own photo from a list.



ODE TO KATHY THE BARISTA

You needn't be famous
for folks to love you.
Like the sun, Our Kathy
shines on everyone alike.

Black or white or Asian
she loves us all. Knows what we want.
Remembers our names.

A wide-faced older man stood
in line waiting to speak with her.
You may want your caffeine fix
but a Kathy fix is more important.

I hope Santa Claus will reward her
with peace and quiet on Chrismas Day.



No comments:

Post a Comment