Sunday, December 30, 2018

Drinking coffee from Israel with honey in it for my cough

Was gonna ask Helen K the following question: Should I feel guilty about drinking coffee from Israel when a Palestinian medic was accidentally shot? She and Larry visit there.

Am making soup right now. Martha provided me with two small cans of tomatoes, chicken stock and sauerkraut. Everything but the kraut is simmering in my crock pot to last a lifetime.

Here's how I looked when I tried to open the glass jar of sauerkraut: Like an astronaut's face at lift-off:  totally shaking and quaking.

Just could not jar it open.

Should I go next door and ask Bill Adams? Catty corner to Pat Kiernan. Should I call the police?

I have these dreadful dreams. Last night I thought I must notify my support group of my phone number. The minute I did so the phone rang.

Judy from Niwot Colorado called. Much complaining. People shouldn't live beyond 80 yrs old she said. Her cat Missy was in her lap. She gets dialysis every other day for her failing kidney. Judy said that the moment a cat is born, its kidney begins to shrink.

So is Judy's brain. She is one of the most brilliant women I have ever met. She was watching C-Span. Guest was Alan Greenspan, who Judy said looked as if he were dead. Walked bent over.

Like a good therapist I am, I tried to cheer Judy up. She said she may depart the earth after her cat goes. What are you looking f.w to, I asked.

It was 3 or 4 am. I opened my door and peeked down the street. Houses all dark. A lovely crescent moon poked itself out of the dark night.

I could barely think of a thing to tell her, so I told her about my new short story called HELEN AND THE SWIMMING POOL.

More Israeli coffee please! I'm speaking to YOU, the Palestinians. I'll sit here in red couch with huge white cup Bruce, the Chinese exchange student bought me. We had such a great time.

Tai chi every morning in the back yard. A cup of hot water before breakfast. The guy was never in a hurry.

This Dunkin Donut cream cheese has a tiny taint of preservative in it.

YUCK YUCK YUCK

Asked my group where I should submit HELEN. It's too good for Mad Swirl they said. Well, I could look for new places, in fact I did this morning, but they need money to fund themselves.

New John Prine at age 80.

What? You're actually gonna listen to me?



Once we were young and handsome and the world was ours!

This is the Sunday night blues show.

What a great Hawaii Five O show I watched before Scott left for work.



This particular episode was about a fellow who got outa prison early so he could kill Dano, Danny Williams.

He put one of them terrorist vests on and locked hostages in a Hawaii Five O office. I'll tell you, Dano showed a lot of courage.

Gonna check my soup now. Smells great... cinnamon stick. Used my frozen mushrooms in one of them Cling bags.

Great song.... Candy Man, Salty Dog.

Where are ye, dammit?

EXTRA EXTRA Just remembered what I wanted to write about!

You remember when I got rid of my hopping spider. He'd trespassed into my kitchen so I grabbed a kitchen towel and after five tries, picked him up with a kitchen towel and flung him out the door.

Well, I saw another one in the downstairs bathroom.

Hoppin Spider, Jr.

Have-no-mercy me grabbed a piece of toilet paper and flushed him down.

***

Ah, Yaffe, the Palestinian has knocked on my front door.

I open the door to the dark night and faraway stars.

In his hand is a silver samovar.

"May I present, just for you," he says in an accent, his dark curls and curly beard shining in the moonlight, a cup of fresh coffee. Yes, yes, he says. We have modernized and now drink this elixar of Fatima.

I hold out Bruce's cup and he pours in the steaming coffee.

It is good, I say, It is good.

Go in peace.




No comments:

Post a Comment