Thursday, December 13, 2018

Happy Birthday Scott! Last Tango in the Basement - What Else could I do but celebrate - Hot Soup! - This is my Brave !

Scott is 60 yrs old today, December 13.

How will we celebrate?

His mom, Natalie, invited us to our fave restaurant, Angelo's, in Southampton.

Everything will be the same but his dad won't be there. Friendly Dave passsed away last year.

What's that delicious smell?

It might be coffee. I was thinking of making some.

Should I?

Oh, if you insist, Maxwell!

The cinnamon on top didn't dissolve.



Two birdhouses out back.

A dozen or more birds were fighting!

The peaceable kingdom does not include man nor birds. Competition, Mr. Darwin, never stops.



For Scott's birthday I bought him books at the Upper Moreland Library.

Hold on and I'll let you know what I bought.

Remember the Hollies song?

Every morning I would see her
Waiting at the stop
Sometimes she'd shop
And she would show me what she'd bought

Jane Mayer's THE DARK SIDE, how the war on terror turned into a war on American ideals.

It's the story, says the inside cover, on how the US made terrible decisions to further enhance presidential powers ... and obliterate constitutional protections.

The soup in the slo-cooker will be ready in about half an hour. Mayhap I'll invite Eileen over from next door. 

Our street is half closed off due to Paving!

I had to run to catch up with Mailman Dante. Was mailing a card to Karl B Rickels. Also mailed donations to NAMI Main Line and NAMI Bucks County. And of course Compassionate Friends.

I write down every donation on the side of my white Ikea shelf. 

POETRY PLEASE.....

LAST TANGO IN THE BASEMENT

Freezing cold down there
I brush my teeth with
the electric toothbrush
when what to my wondering eyes
did appear: tiny dots on the tile floor
installed years ago by Mischa and his pal
Sergei.

Bending down in my warm PJs
the dots were beings!
Beings you don't want
in your basement.

With a wet tissue I flushed
them down, while somewhere
in hiding, remained
the Hopping Spider.

Rumored to build nests
I simply consider him
my pet. His name?
Romeo.


WHAT ELSE COULD I DO BUT CELEBRATE

Dr Ghantous applauded the working ability
of Sarah Lynn's kidney, sewn with invisible
stitches into my Wonder Bread-soft lower belly.

And Dr Foxhall said my memory's still intact
Names are hard to remember, though I know
everyone's names at New Directions' meetings

Off I went to the Willow Giant Supermarket to celebrate.
I ordered Helen's Chinese Food and sat myself down
in the Starbucks Cafe.

Three tables surrounded me. Lovely young women
from all nations who spoke their own language
gathered here in the coffee bistro.

Were they Gaullaudet trained with their
musical tongues with much hilarity thrown in?
Good cheer engaged the eaters and drinkers
in our comfortable chairs. They did like
the many varieties of coffee, peppermint,
dark caramel roast, or deep dark mysterious
plain, hot and tasty to the tongue.

All from coffee plantations in far-flung lands.
We all sat together, in one perfect moment,

at sweet-smelling Starbucks cafe.

***

NETFLIX REPORT

I always stumble upon good flicks.

THE FIRST WEDNESDAY IN MAY is about The Metropolitan Museum of Arts annual gala.




 Nice shoes, Prince! You'll be happy to know I'm drinking my bleh coffee out of your Marriage Cup. Luckily I read somewhere the cup doesn't have to be totally clean, tho, I do try, I promise. 

All w/o the help of a maid.



Maid Marion, I presume!

Olivia deHavilland is still alive.



Born in 1916. Read more about this fascinating woman

Wish me luck when I walk next door to see if whats-her-name will dine with me.




HOT SOUP! WHO WANTS HOT SOUP?

The side door was open, so I let myself in.
There she was half-watching, half-snoozing
in front of that huge TV in the living room.

Eileen, I said. "I made some soup. May
I bring it over?"

"I don't even need to ask what kind? Your
soup's are always gooood!"

Running back home in my usual open-toe clogs
with my pink diabetic socks, I smelled the
soup a-simmer in the slo-cooker.

Don't panic, I thought, as I grabbed the
ceramic bowl with two potholders, once
the joys of my life that I bought in
Lancaster, from the Amish.

Sigafoos? Was that their name?

Calmly, I walked past my bird houses
and saw a tiny nest, and entered the Adams
front door. Eileen held it open, fearing
I might fall. Yes, I am unsteady on my feet.

We loved the soup, served in huge bowls
with a ladle as shiny as a wedding dress.

We finished and I began looking around.
Yes, this diabetic wanted dessert. And
she found it for us.

First salty Goldfish, and then
- what was the name, we wondered -
Chips Ahoy. 

***

I accidentally found THIS IS MY BRAVE, which was published on YouTube on Dec. 1, 2018.

Watch it here, folks.

***
It's freezing in the living room tho the heat's turned up to 69. Under the covers I go to read whatever my hand touches first.

Thother day I was so enmeshed in books, I thought I don't even like to read anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment