Thursday, November 2, 2017

Nothing like fresh Halloween Candy the Day After - Looking out the upstairs window in the dark - Clem

Image result for kitkat

Image result for hershey barA kid asked me if I had a Three Muskateers and I had to say No.

An important woman in the world of mental health died suddenly.

Kathy Sharp. Learned about it on Facebook. The woman who posted the news refused to tell the cause of death. I visited her house in Levittown PA a couple of times. She gave me a sweet-smelling white vine which lasted many years.

I believe her husband Chris was the gardener.

She was related to the Peace Nun of the Irish Revolution. I believe we ran a story about it in The Compass.

Kathy was a real beauty with short black hair and a stately posture. She participated in so many events on behalf of those of us with mental illness.

Just wrote the below poem. I like it very much.

LOOKING OUT THE UPSTAIRS WINDOW IN THE DARK

All is black.
Where are the houses?
The trees?
The cars that line the street?

Silence reigns.
Is it my imagination
or am I all alone
in the world?

One thing I know
for sure.
I exist.

DINING WITH CLEMENT IN CRAMPED QUARTERS

There he was! Tall, slightly bearded, oversize
ears that listened to every word I said.

After I chose my lunch, I lugged it to the
coffee shop where workmen were transforming

it into a Starbucks. Only two tables available
for sittin and eatin.

There was Clem, slugging down a mango drink.
May I sit here, I asked, sitting down. A woman
on my other side was eating a pepperoni pizza.

Clement and I only meet by chance. We know lots
of the same people. He attended the funeral
of a centenarian, who played tennis until
he was 95.

A friend gave him a Samsung phone, which he is
learning to use.

Once he was on the edge of suicide, tottering
daily over the abyss.

I munched my fried chicken and spooned out my
shrimp corn chowder, as I marveled at my friend
who saved himself from annihilation.

Long live Clem!!!

GOING UPSTAIRS now to read a bit...Am giving up ReDeployment, an award-winner, by Phil Klay. Too gruesome.

Did you know that's the name of Scott's scarecrow?

  Scott's scarecrow Gruesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment