Thursday, November 23, 2017

Family portrait of Matt, Jade, and Baby Girl - Two Meals for Me - Poem: Happy Thanksgiving


Family portrait of sister Lynn and ex-hubby Warren Greene, Matt and Jade, daughter Kaia Rose, and Miles Greene, home from Columbia Law School.

At 1:30 pm, I was alseep upstairs in my bed, when someone tapped me on the leg.

Hate to wake you up, said Scott, but the turkey's ready!

He simply followed instructions and it was outstanding.

See the thingee in the upper left corner. When it pops out, you know it's done.

Yukon Gold mashed taters w loads of butter and the skins on, and his fave veggie asparagus.

We are not afraid of butter.

 Eating in Scott's new million-dollar kitchen. Wore this pink shirt I bought in Paris a couple of years ago. Used to be afraid to wear it - stains - but then I said, To the hell with it. What if I die tomorrow?
 Scott was very impressed with the Sara Lee Pumpkin Pie I bought at Giant. I stood there comparing all the pies, such as Mrs Smith, looking for the one with the least sugar.

Scott, who does not eat desserts - he has no sweet tooth - said this was really delicious and not too sweet.

I also bought two very tiny containers of Haagen Dazc Vanilla ice cream.

Then drove to Dan n Nicole's for my second dinner.

Drove over the FIXED Edgehill Road Bridge.

They'd finished dinner when I got there, but I ate things Scott and I didn't have. Gravy for their mashed potatoes. Cranberry Sauce.
First thing I ate when I came home about an hour ago was this turkey leg. Delicious spices!

I emailed Dan my Thanksgiving poem and told him I would read it, which I did.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

The bird bath is iced over
but the sky's a crisp blue
Our huge dining table is all set
My two mommies - Bernice and Gramma Lili
worked hard on the bird, roasting in the oven.
Save me the crusty thighs.

Great to see you, Dad, thanks for coming round
after 37 years. How we hated to see you go.

And David, only 27, quite a thud you made
when you decided you'd had enough. We've
got Tropicana for you and a new purple camera
for your family album.

Wampanoag Indians are heading this way from
Plymouth Rock, bearing ducks, geese and swans.
They'll sure be surprised by our homeless
warriors, our homeless children, as Black Friday
beckons. Hmmm, what should I buy? Some new
diabetic socks w/o holes in the toes?

One year, Aunt Ethel got us a color TV and we
watched the Macy's Day Parade. Will my Sarah Lynn
be watching the Pillsbury Doughboy? The Trumball
High school Marching Band?

Forty-five minutes to go! Stay warm, stay healthy,
kiss the ones you love and those you don't, look
into the heavens and say a prayer for the lonely
Almighty who's settled into the last remaining
maple in my back yard.

***

Grace, 7, Dan, Mom-Mom and I played a card game called JUST DESSERTS.

Image result for game just desserts

I asked Grace to play all my hands b'c I couldn't figure it out.

Brought my cookies over. Snickerdoodles, Choc Chip and Peanut Butter. Yes, they were burnt on the bottom. Grace got a kick out of that!

***
What should I do now?  I sure don't feel like riding me bike, but ....

Dyou believe it's only 8:30 pm now?  Pitch-black outside with glimmering stars.

Drove with my driving glasses with only one earpiece on it.

***
I asked everyone where they would like to visit.

Dan said Japan. To that, I replied my favorite news in NHK of Japan. Click here.

Nicole said she wanted to go back to Italy. Can't blame her.

Well, then, said Dan, I won't be going to Japan.

Interesting how we don't know our kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment