Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Why does he walk with a cane? He's not that old

For my upstairs study, I painted this ordinary-looking footstool. A person should always elevate their tootsies when they sit for better circulation. Better yet, be a floor-sitter like I am. I find chairs unnatural.

Ever start singing a song and must listen to it immediately. That's why there's YouTube. Roy Orbison was known for his lovely fake operatic voice. This is my favorite song he did, written by Bono of U-2.

If you like, you can substitute the word "God" for Mystery Girl. Try it!

Went to my therapist friend "Alice's" today. She said she needed therapy so I put on my therapy cap and drove over. She sat on a chair in her backyard while I sat on the grass. It took no more than 50 minutes for our session. She paid me with a biscuit called rugelach, which I threw away after 2 bites, and an apricot, which I threw away after 2 bites.

Why eat something if it's not perfectly delicious! Couldn't wait to get home to eat my delicious chicken stew, which my mother loved, but she told me SHE ADDED SALT! Ya know what? When you're 87.5 yrs old you can add salt.

I drove my mom over to Meadowbrook Farm Garden Nursery and watched her walk holding Ellen's hand. My god, she looks old, I said to myself.

Mom, I said, I remember when Gramma was your age.

I don't walk to think about it, she said.

Gramma Lily was the meanest woman in the whole damn world, but only to me!

Later in life, I found a surrogate grandmother and the two of us would forage for mushrooms and dandelion greens so she could have her way with them. Mary walked with a huge walking stick she found in the woods.

I am dripping with sweat now from eating my soup plus it's also in the 80s outside, as hot as my mother is old. When I was on lithium I didn't sweat. I remember jogging and then getting in the car and feeling like I would explode from the heat. Feels great to sweat. I am ever so thankful for the millions of years of evolution.

I always thank my body for doing its job. The other day when I was swimming in the hotel's indoor pool, I put my hands on my face and thanked my face for carrying me through life for 64 years.

It's been with me every step of the way. I so love my face. And I try never to look in the mirror except to see if I've put my shorts on backwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment