Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Feast of Noodles / Census Marches On, 72% complete nationwide



Favorite food? Noodles. Made asparagus pesto (paste) and mixed it with the nodules, as my kids and I used to call em. Recipe was courtesy of Mark Bittman of the Times. My phone companion as I made it was none other than my mom. We discussed the benefits of a food processor vs a blender.

My blender, I said to Sarah over the weekend, is exactly her age, 36 yrs old. I bought it in TX to make her baby food in. What? Serve my babies 'bought food?' Never. At the library I found a book by Sue Castle who taught the reader how to make fresh baby foods in the blender, preferably, an Oster, which I bought, and which still works.

I told Sarah I smuggled it out when I left her dad.

After an exhausting day doing census paperwork, I wanted to reward myself with something quick and delicious. More noodles! This time with sauteed purple cabbage and a grating of fresh ginger.



Was all set to watch Green Dolphin Street on Turner Classic Films. I'd seen it as a kid in Shaker Heights when I was 16 yrs old and had all my hair and teeth. I had the mumps when I was 14. My dad took movies of me. He chronicled all the family's major events. "Pan slowly, Ruthie," he'd say when I asked to shoot something.

You can't imagine how disapptd I was trying to turn on my TV with the new remote control from Comcast. If I were left here for an eternity, I could not figure the thing out.

So, in great sadness, I came back to the computer since my eyes wanted to watch a screen. I'll go on my blog and read my blog roll, you know, the list of websites off to the right. Nothing, really, can take the place of surrendering to a good movie. I'll see if I can get it at the library. Scuse me while I click onto McLinc.org.

2 comments:

  1. So you are the one who is responsible for all this national debt!

    At least you are eating well, and making a good accounting of your fellow Americans.

    I continue to greatly enjoy what you are doing with a camera these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually, bill, i removed that post about my contributing to the national debt cuz i thought i shouldn't badmouth my employer. oh, the stories i could tell. my lips are sealed.
    thanks for the photo compliment!

    ReplyDelete