Thursday, October 27, 2022

Look what I found!

 

I was not looking for the late author Meindert DiJong but found him anyway. These were books I read as a kid.

How many cups of coffee did I drink today? 

I brewed Maxwell House Coffee as I needed to read and finish by


7 pm when our book group began online from my library. The odd thing was that I was nearly finished reading it, but couldn't remember a thing, so I started all over again.

We had about 7 people in the group. Somehow I mentioned the TESLA Family at the end of my street.

Folks laughed. 

What I was really looking for was a TV show made years ago by the Bell and Howell people, methinks, about our skin as cover for what goes on inside our bodies. 

Never of course did I dream that my two kidneys would one day be affected by taking the drug lithium, the the gold standard for bipolar disorder.

Now I am patting my daughter Sarah's kidney, she named Odysseus, as he returns to mother.

Was lying in bed with CPAP machine in my nostrils thinking I would be asleep in, oh, 20 minutes, when I realized the POWER OF COFFEE. 

Lemme write a poem here and now about ...

POUR YOURSELF A HOT CUPPA JAVA

Careful, now, you just woke up

Darkness surrounds you

Grab the Chemex coffeemaker, I often use to water

the indoor plants. The shape is magnificent, like a woman's body,

I stuff half a dozen white filters inside and sprinkle

sweet-smelling coffee inside and then pour pour pour

hot water inside. So much Maxwell House I must be sure

to catch every little piece of sweet coffee and do.

Heaven awaits on the very first sip.


Insulin-dependent diabetes has been a problem for me. Years ago, my diabetes mentor was one Mary Ann Moylan.

Mary Ann, please say hello to our blogfolk






No comments:

Post a Comment