Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Poem: Safety Pin and Paper Clip - Poem: Coffee

Google just notified me that starting on Feb 4, yesterday, they are instituting changes. If you think I understand a word they said, the white tulips on my window sill, have just turned green.

SAFETY PIN AND PAPER CLIP

Simple configurations
of wire, no bigger than
your thumb

Let them rest
one at a time
in the palm
of your hand

Admire them
a little while
feel their
simplicity
and their weaponry


Then set them free.

Marvelous, simply marvelous.

Went on a vacuuming binge this morning downstairs.

Task for today is putting THE COMPASS in order.

What kind of coffee shall I make or brew?

We need one more poem in here. Hold on while I go upstairs and change out of my PJs and into my clothes. Will wear a pink shirt with elbow patches - Hello Father Knows Best - oh, of course, you're too young to know about that show - that I bought in Paris.

COFFEE

Might we compare coffee to a song?
Georgia on My Mind, by the
late Ray Charles?
Or how about a symphony?
The First by Charles Ives in
its welter of confusion?
Ah, Sibelius, there's our man.
His sublime Violin Concerto
Finished only moments before
the first performance was a flop.

He revised it in 1905. But who
had the fingers and ear to play
the violin? A maestro from
beyond the deep, as Richard Strauss
led the Berlin Philharmonic.

Sip Starbucks Christmas Coffee
as we cherish every note. WE
are only here for a little while,
but music is forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment