Friday, February 22, 2019

2019 Compass - A Thousand Oy vehs! - Poem: The Fear of Insolvency - It Grows and Grows

Numerous problems have arisen, but Rene and I will take care of them.

Entered my short story Finding Mailman Dante into Pure Slush.

One of the best YT videos was about a runner who was brutally attacked by a young mountain lion in Colorado and finally killed him.

Check it out here.

Also watched a very long video about the daughter of a serial killer in Wichita, Kansas.

Here's a video. From Feb. 15, 2019. Gruesome, of course.

How did you NOT know? is the question Kerri was asked. I think that's her name. She has a happy marriage and two children. Of course after she found out, her life was ruined: panic attacks, psychiatric hospitalizations, suicidal ideation or attempts.

Scuse me while I get my oatmeal w peanut butter and almond milk which is soaking via pilot light in the oven.

Wore my Starbucks apron so I wouldn't drip onto my clothing.

Scott stopped over with the greens and lo sodium matzo ball soup I'd requested.

Who should I write a postcard to, I asked.

Bernie Sanders. So I did.

THE FEAR OF INSOLVENCY

Once we were honored by grants.
That day is no more.
The first thing I'd do
was buy a new CD or two. Glenn Gould,
of course, maestro Karl Richter on organ,
Rubinstein playing Debussy.

The performers are dead, while
the music lives on.

What a wonderful breakfast I ate
Waved to the trashmen
While sipping on vanilla sugarbush tea
and celebrating the craziness of life
one sip at a time.

***

That was yesterday's poem.

Lemme write one for today.

IT GROWS AND GROWS AND GROWS

A spikey plant called Dracena has made its home
with me on my front window sill.

Its stalks, slender as a high heel, bend toward the
light

The other stalk touches the high ceiling.

A strange sound squeaks from above

Fee figh ho hum

I smell the blood of an Englishman.



Why, tis the young Albert Finney, newly dead at 82.

Scott and I will celebrate Valentine's Day at 3 pm today at Bonefish Grill.

I'll bring my champagne and drink only a tiny bit.

Readers, whomever you are.

Celebrate Valentine's Day, the Day of Love, EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR.

No comments:

Post a Comment