Monday, February 4, 2019

Many things to discuss - Literary Yard publishes Herdsmen and other short poetry

I have many things to discuss with you.

Cousin Sally came to town to visit Mom, 96. She Ubered in, her first time using Uber. Her Arabian driver was very good and they became best friends during the drive. His son shot himself to death bc he was depressed.

Sally thought Mom looked great.

Ellen ordered Mexican food and we all liked it.

I asked for a cuppa coffee which Ellen made in a lovely white cup. She bought it at the Habitat for Humanities Gift Shop.

Sally recently got her real estate license. Mom wanted to know all about her mom, Aunt Tay. Mom's got a lot of Tay's paintings in our house.

I have one in my downstairs, an abstract. She almost got it in The Whitney Museum.

At my volunteer job this a m, I painted the background with acrylix. I had taken a class and that' what Jane Something told us how to begin.

When I left after a delicious lunch of ricotta filled blintzes and carrot salad and a minestrone-like soup with sour cream inside, I checked on my paining. It was curled up on the counter.

Three excellent poems of mine were rejected this morning.

What am I doing wasting my great poems with N K Wagner? I asked her to removed my name from her mailing list, but keep em in the archives.

Earlier today Onkar Sharma accepted three poems I wrote.

View them here.

When I wrote, probly last week, I had cabin fever from being in the cold house - and colder outdoors - during our frigid wave.

It's quite possible Mom will visit me next week.

It would be like old times having her here.

Will ask Scott to hang up my new mobile, made in a pizza box, at Dan's house.

Where o where shall we put it?

My former boyfriend Simon B. hung up my mobiles, but when "The Russians" were painting my living room we took many of my things down and threw them away.

Thankfully, I have that capacity.

With a hop skip and a jump I'm going to Scott's now.

Yesterday listened on WXPN to this wonderful documentary of the late Ray Charles. Click here.

Time is evanescent.

What should I bring to eat at Scott's?

When I came home last night I was LOW !!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment