Friday, February 8, 2019

Neil Diamond on TV - Poem: I Believe

Was having a dream that I was composing something - terrible -  when I heard music playing.

Neil Diamond. Twas a famous concert, which, of course I'd never heard of.

I did like the music I heard but had no idea it was Neil Diamond. He has a fascinating history you can read on the Net.

Today he's 78.

Read about his Parkinson's Diz here.

So there I was wide awake at 5 am - not again! - and decided it was time to change my sheets.

You can hear the washing machine downstairs now.

ga-rink, ga-rink, ga-rink

Just took about 15 pictures now with my Purple Nikon. Have no idea how to load em onto this blog.

This is an old photo which I keep on the wall of my bedroom.

Now, I was at the Upper Moreland Library today at our Book Group where I was 20 minutes late since I had just finished The Signature of Everything.

Lively discussion and then Marie gleefully said, "So then, the author was wrong!"

I sprang like a snake, "The author wasn't wrong! You just didn't understand what she was saying!"

When the group was over I asked discussion leader Cathy if I could run a workshop on how to get published. She liked the idea and said she'd pair it with a children's workshop. Sure, I said. Sked for the summer.

When I left the library, I left my car in the short term parking and walked down to the shopping strip aiming to get something for my door for Valentine's Day.

Stopped at A Dollar or Below. Kaya helped me. Told her about our beautiful Kaia Rose.



Bought something that looks like

Valentine wreath,Valentine’s Day door hanger,Love door hanger,love wreath

Plus I got these gell stickers that I put on my window.

Gee, hope Mailman Dante likes them.

You can be sure I'll ask him tomorrow.

Or bearded Mailman Joe who came by yesterday.

It's very cold in the living room where I sit. I keep the temp at 68 degrees at all times, per Scott. Yes, yes, I know I'm just a pawn in his palm.

Taipei, Taiwan is where the Valentine decorations are from, so says the backing that came with it, plus that the gel is compliant with formaldehyde emissions, just as Wells Fargo did nothing wrong by giving poor people mortgages.

Believe, Ruthie, Believe!

Clearly, that's my next poem.

Daydream Believer, what a great song. Dyou Believe in Magic. That's it.

BELIEVE

Deception since the day humankind was born.
What can I believe in?
Let me go to the door at six in the morn.
Open it slowly so the cold won't rush in.
Lights!
People are awakening.
I'm not alone.
I believe beyond a doubt
that people dwell in
those lighted rooms.
Satisfied, I will trundle
off to bed and turn out the lights
believing I shall wake up whole
in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment