Sunday, February 10, 2019

Email I just sent to my friend Judy Kroll - Poem: Goodbye Stacy Briggs

Oh no!!!

Mom cancelled. Will bring my shtuff over there.

Gonna work on my mobile now.

Scott opened the bubbly champagne with a corksucker. Well done, ma boy, Well done!

Why, you may ask, am I eating soup in the morning?

Am trying to finish it up before company comes at 1 pm.

I am so excited!

My 96-yo Mom will be here as will my two sisters, Lynn from New Hope - and Ellen, my mom's caregiver. Mom also has another woman who comes in frequently.

Mom's favorite food is CANDY!

Lynn will bring the lunch.

I will provide water from Scott's Britta pitcher, plus coffee. I made it too strong, but what the heck, you can always add hot water.

I also bought 'champagne.' I rarely drink but this is a special occasion.

Scott hasn't had champagne since his bar mitzvah.

And thanks again, Judy, for your generous donation !!!!!

Shall I write a poem now?

GOODBYE STACY BRIGGS

Something made me google you
in the wee hours of the morning.
Stacy! How could you? How on
earth could you?

We worked together at the Intel/Record
on Easton Road. Lunchtime, I would
run across the busy street, a bullfighter
hoping my ass wouldn't get bit

Always I made it. Unlike you, Stacy Briggs,
unlike you, dead at 74. How could you?

***
Stacy was married for 25 years. He died in 2018, a year ago. One yearns to know the cause of death.

Very cold this morning. My front door is open bc the sun is shining in my living room.

I had a beautiful map I received in the mail. Where to put it? Upstairs in my office.

Haven't yet finished my new mobile. Hid it from view.

Remember, my house must look great.

What song should we listen to now?

Daft Punk? The Smiths?

Just listened to an interview with Linda Ronstadt, 72, who has Parkinson's Disease.

Fascinating!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment