Friday, November 16, 2018

Letter to Dr Desmond - Didn't die from driving in the snow bc it was all plowed

Yes, the spotted lantern fly is a real beauty. She is also a supreme destroyer, like a B-52 bomber in World War II.

Sorry about the dreadful distortion. J'ai confiance en vous and think you'll figure it out. But my poems, my poems, how shall I float them onto here.

This alert is from the EAC in Abington Township, PA.

Spotted Lanternfly Alert
The Spotted Lanternfly is in Abington.  Learn more HERE.
Perhaps you have seen it already (see attached images), perhaps you have heard about it in the news. This invasive pest has been spreading throughout Southeastern PA. The Spotted Lanternfly was confirmed in Abington.
Why these insects are a problem:
In other areas of the world, this insect has been found to be a pest to grape and tree fruit industries having the potential to cause $18-$20 billion in damage to agriculture and forestry just in the state of Pennsylvania.
What this means:
We are in a quarantine area, which means you should check your vehicles, equipment and anything that has been outside for egg masses and live insects prior to driving anywhere and especially prior to leaving the quarantine area.
What You Can Do:
If you find it at home, after positive identification, you are encouraged to kill the Spotted Lanternflies. If you have confirmed their presence, be sure to look for their egg masses, which they lay in the fall, and scrape them away. They will lay their eggs on any flat surface.

***
A real menace!

***
Lemme tell you about this blog post.

Thankfully, I was able to get on here. My damn HP computer, which I bought 2 yrs ago, allows me to send and answer emails, but I'm usually unable to go on websites.

***
Yesterday we had our first snowfall. Maybe 4 inches. Roads were a mess. I stayed indoors. Wasted the day. Scott walked to the train station at 7:10 pm in all the slush. Waited for the train for 90 minutes and made it to work on time by a little over a minute.

They wouldn't have counted him late but he does like to clock in on time.

His feet were cold and wet and he couldn't wait to change into his uniform.

Today I had a dentist appt, which I canceled, but was determined to make my Diabetes appt with Cecilia.

The appt was for 1:45 pm. I couldn't figger out what time I should leave. Wanted to give myself 35 minutes to get there. Finally I figured it out. Leave at 1 pm.



Interestingly, this blog uses the Yahoo search engine.

Hold on.... need anudder pretzel fix.

Snyder's mini's. Snyder's since 1909.

Don't worry, I'll be on my stationary bike when I finish dis.

***
The fear of death.

Yes, I was afeared that when I left home I would crash on account of the snow and die.

Yes sirree!

I shoveled for about half an hour. Very heavy snow as it was moisturized w wetness.

But the sun was shining which began the melting process.

Even tho I was afraid of dying, I mailed out many cards.

Using a plain manila folder, I cut out two cards.

Matisse did paper cutouts as an old man.



Click here to learn more. I certainly will!

Isn't this world a wild and wonderful place?

Sadly, not for everyone.

A wonderful psychiatrist suffered a massive stroke and can no longer treat his patients. I was so moved by this that I wrote him a
 note on New Directions' stationery.

Dear Dr. Desmond –

How life surprises us without our consent!

Yesterday I spoke to Donald about your wonderful treatment of his daughter Ivanka. (These are fake names.) No one could be as understanding and compassionate as you are, Dr. Desmond, spending as much time with her as she needed.

And you helped other members of our support group, New Directions. There is only one Dr. Desmond and you leave a wonderful legacy for other psychiatrists to follow.

May God or whoever it is who rules this capricious universe of ours heal you in your hour of need.

We at New Directions are forever grateful for your judicious use of medication and talk therapy.

Warm regards,

Ruth Z. Deming, MGPGP 
Founder/Director

New Directions, founded in 1986       

***
One of the cards I mailed out was shaped like a fish. Sent it to Grace and Max. Grace has a fish bowl with one lonely fish in it. 

My November novel is called Katy and the Goldfish. I read it to Judy over the phone. She liked it and gave me a couple of good suggestions.

***
As I began to drive, going downhill on Cowbell, the streets were simply great! Yes, they had plowed, but they had not prepared like they usually do, by lining the streets with - salt?

Second to thinking I was gonna die, a thought that vanished quickly, is my fear of getting lost.

I had terrible direx, which I will rewrite, with "Make a Right at the CVS."

After getting a fine review with Cecilia my confidence soared and I did all my errands. Returned a pair of ill-fitting shoes at Famous Footwear, checked out three new audio books.

In the kitchen I'm listening to.... hold on, it's right here next to me.... I'm the one in the gorgeous made-in-China jammies sitting on the red couch...

Red Moon Rising: Sputnik and the Hidden Rivalries that Ignited the Space Age
The two poems are impossible to post. They came out all over the page as if in cryptic language for fighting a war.

Help! What shall I do?

Relax, we'll simply wait till tomorrow!

Did I tell you I made hot cocoa? Delicious. Drank it from my Prince Harry and Meghan cup.

Image result for prince harry and meghan cup
I think she has African-American blood in her.

Yahoo!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment