Sunday, June 22, 2014

Sunday Walk - Great Views, Conversation & Food and that Healthy Nature Air - Poem: Unaccompanied Suites for Cello

Didn't bring my camera on the walk. We visited "Tony's Tree" which is soaring skyward. There were some prickery weeds trying to get inside the deer-proofing fence. I used my blue shirt as a glove to remove them.

In Nature, everything is out for itself.

The weather was perfect as we walked about an hour around Pennypack Trust.

Scott and I walk there every weekend as it's five minutes away from home.

"Very relaxing," he says.

The Music of Bob Cunningham
 Met Bob Cunningham, who was photographing a tiny butterfly, black and white polka-dots.

White Admiral
The closest I could find is this Admiral Butterfly, but this is not correct.

Bob taught school but in his retirement years he sings every Friday nite at Whitemarsh Valley Inn in Lafayette Hill. Here's his FB page.

Afterward, we ate lunch in the picnic grove. 


 Katy, who's expecting in November, just found out the sex of her child, but wouldn't tell us until she tells her niece.

I tried to trick her by saying, "Look, Hayley, there's an airplane?"

Heidi had baked carrot cupcakes with cinnamon cream-cheese frosting for her son Linus's 29th birthday.

They were fantastic! Inside was crushed pineapple and pecans. Recipe was from her Mom.

         Internet photo

When I was married and lived in Texas, I could eat anything I wanted since I was a nursing mom.

Here's a recipe of Sweet Potato Cake I used to make, which reminded me of Heidi's cupcakes.


 Heidi just found a new home for herself and her two kids, Walter and Cheyenne. It's in Philmont Heights, near her old Bryn Athyn home.

Scott and I had egg salad with celery and onions and paprika. Delicious!

Heidi's son, Walter, is a cellist. At an "open wedding" in Bryn Athyn, he's gonna play a fragment from one of Bach's Cello Suites and something else. The open wedding is open to the public.

Walt's spending the summer practicing: cello and football. He also may cut my unruly shrubs.

After Pennypack, I came home, went on my stationery bike for 15 minutes, and then took a lie-down. Fell asleep and couldn't believe it was 1:30 when I woke up.

What am I sposed to do now, I thought?

Then I remembered. My sister Lynn is home from Bonita Springs, Florida, and she'll be at Mom's with her family.

So Scott and I went over there.

When we returned home, Scott made a comment about my two milkweed plants. I looked at em and to my horror found what I thought was a yellow fungus on both plants.

Called up Russell Gardens in Churchville, PA, and the guy told me, "You've got FRIGGING YELLOW APHIDS."

What should I do, I asked him. 

 I sprayed them with this cleaner I found in my cleaning- supplies- that- I- never use cabinet.
No change in the their status.

I've gotta have my milkweed in good shape by the Fall when the monarch butterflies come callin. This is their chief food for their migration south.


Dyou know the Unaccompanied Suites for Cello? I've got them by Pablo Casals.

I also wrote a poem about them that goes a little like this... you can sing it, if you wish, accompanied by the piano

The name itself is unsurpassable -
Unaccompanied Suites for Cello -
O say it to yourself, roll the
words round and round your
mouth like shiny marbles
Make them sing like
the Unaccompanied Cello.

No comments:

Post a Comment