Thursday, June 19, 2014

Short story "Suite 1003" published - Evil Caterpillars Successfully Destroyed

Read my short story Suite 1003 here on The Writing Disorder. 

They're probly auctioning off the screen rights as we speak. 

Wrote it about nine months ago. Did lots of online research, including emailing our family's late friend Alan Schonberg of Cleveland who told me about the revitalization of downtown Cleveland.

Alan SchonbergThe late Alan Schonberg of Cleveland Ohio. He and my dad worked together at Majestic Specialties, Inc.

The good men do lasts longer than their lives.

 Creepy-crawler caterpillar had built a tent in a tree.

Unbeknownst to me, Scott had taken down the tent, wrapped it in a baggie and put it in my trash can.

They escaped. 

Dozens upon dozens were crawling all along the garbage can. My friend Beatriz diagnosed them as bad, so I got my hose and drowned them. Hopefully, the girl/woman taking the photo wasn't also drowned.
 Yin Liu gave me some black tea at the Meditation Seminar. Finally tried it out today. Delicious and energizing. She'd also given me the teapot when she closed Le Coffee Salon in Hatboro.
 Am really trying to lose weight. People with diabetes are much more prone to get dementia and Alzheimer's, so I think if I lose my fat belly I'll be in better shape.

Wish you could see this delicious omelet I just ate.... mushrooms and onions and black pepper. Our basil is locked behind a fence I dunno how to open.

Am sitting on the Judy Diaz divan on my screened-in porch. Take a look at those two huge beanstalks out the window. No reason to cut em down, they're not bothering anyone.

Just finished "Acts of God" by Ellen Gilchrist. It's wonderful to discover a new author. 

She's 79 and lives in Arkansas, former home of my ex's father, the brilliant alcoholic Joseph Horace Deming. Take a look at his patents here

His dark green Studebaker Station Wagon makes an appearance in my new disorganized short story "Leaving Alma."



Anything else, Ruthie?

Scott n I are going to a concert tonite at the Keswick.

Don't worry, I'll bring my camera and get back to you, my 20 delicious readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment