Friday, January 13, 2012

Hey, is that her real hair? Faith and Hope Boutique Shop in Abington, PA

"Hello, may I help you?" said Jennifer, above, when I walked through the door.

"Yes, I have an appt with Bonnie. Is she here?"

"Sure," she said and went to get Bonnie. I noticed Jennifer walked rather stifffly as if she were a mannikin, but certainly that's impossible unless I'm living in THE TWILIGHT ZONE.

Ah, here's Bonnie now. She and her sister own the store which is on Guernsey Avenue a few blocks from Abington hospital. One of my dtr/law's friends lives on the street. I think I saw their house b/c the porch was filled with toys.

Ruth with shiny clean hair and patches of hair loss where my antirejection med Prograf has shorn me of my own hair.

What fun it was trying on wigs!



Both Bonnie and volunteer Kristin helped me pick out a beautiful wig plus a good hair color. The wig is being ordered now and should arrive at Faith and Hope in a week.

Their wigs are made from synthetic material. Mine cost about $135.

Can't wait!

Oh, dig this! When I was ready to leave, Kristin said she saw an Abington cop "chalking" my tires to make sure I left w/i the hour time limit posted on the street.

Sneaky sonuvagun!

3 comments:

  1. That's fantastic! I hope you enjoy yours and can't wait to see it. My daughter works at a shop, Essentials for the Special Woman" where they do mastectomy fittings, wigs, and just some fun things too, for women with various medical problems and needs. Synthetics are much, much easier to care for and less expensive.

    You are always so brave in sharing what some others would be reticent about or just plain unable to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, iris! well, everybody can see me so i might as well let em know what's going on.

    am sure krispin must enjoy her work at essentials.

    ReplyDelete