Thursday, June 25, 2009

R.I.P Michael Jackson of Gary, Indiana!

A master performance artist dies as he's about to make his comeback tour in Britain. Click for amazing video of Michael singing Billie Jean and doing the Moonwalk. The action begins at 1.34 minutes.

A three-column headline in the Times announced his shocking demise. I was talking to my psychiatrist friend Pam London Barrett who opined that he suffered from body dysmorphic disorder, hence his multiple facial operations.

Here he is as a cute little kid on the Ed Sullivan Show.

But we'll let Steve Martin have the last word about Michael Jackson (1958-2009). Hmmm, Liz Taylor must be weeping.

PS - Thanks to my future daughter/law Nicole for commenting on this blog! Thanks, Nikki. See you tomorrow. Also, check out my son/law Ethan's blog for his note on Michael Jackson's passing and the ultimate question: What price fame?

2 comments:

  1. As much as I love Michael Jackson, especially during the Thriller years, I cannot erase from my mind that he messed with little boys. Was he talented- yes. Was he a tad on the strange side- yes. I feel a tad bad for his passing BUT I feel worse for all the kids he had violated. I guess it is the teacher in me that makes me feel this way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can certainly see your point of view, Nicole. Jackson was a very strange man, if indeed he was a man. As a psychotherapist, I wonder what his gender identification was? He certainly had the means to seek good therapeutic help but resorted instead to the enactment of his bizarre fantasies with real people who, as you mentioned, he hurt. The courts tried to stop him, to no avail. Since I find him so fascinating, I look f/w to a 'definitive' biography of him by someone who thoroughly researches his complex, flawed and tragic life.

    ReplyDelete