Monday, June 1, 2009

Reward Yourself after an Odious Task

I told this to my therapy client the other day. "Yeah," she said, "but all my rewards are bad for me."

After I did today's most odious task I went downstairs and watched an hour's worth of the HBO show "In Treatment." When I originally requested it online from the library, a message popped up saying, "You're the 18th person to request this video. Dyou still want it?"

"More than ever!" I typed in. But since it's a Yes or No question, I wrote Yes.

Sarah was in town for an unprecedented three whole days. I couldn't believe she didn't like In Treatment so I asked her to watch an episode w/me and this time she really enjoyed it. And now, Dear Reader, I'd like to open up YOUR eyes to this show and ask you a question.

Should we watch a half-hour segment at New Directions?

2 comments:

  1. hi, it's me, ruthie. after thinking about it, i'd say these shows are certainly tremendously entertaining - brilliantly cast and acted - but filled with erotica. the therapist himself is easily as fucked up as his patients. seeing him relate to his own brilliant therapist made me CRINGE! so, no, ruthie, don't show it at new directions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, ruthie. we always appreciate hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete