Thursday, June 4, 2009

Obama Artwork

From the NY Times June 4, 2009. Click here and feast your eyes.

My daughter told me that the night Obama was elected she was in her Brooklyn apartment. Her husband was overseas on a musical tour. It was around 2 a.m. Suddenly she heard shouts from the street below. Louder and louder shouts. She knew he had won. She called her husband to tell him the great news.

From Cairo, Obama said, Anti-Semitism in Europe culminated in an unprecedented Holocaust. . . . Six million Jews were killed . . . Denying that fact is baseless, ignorant, and hateful.

He was our first black President, praise the lord! Now click on those amazing photos of artwork created around the world in celebration of this brilliant man, logical yet passionate who has gone where no man or woman has gone before. He is our Fearless Leader. And I am his Fearless Follower.

To tell you the truth, I feel like sending this artwork to Gina, my therapist.

No comments:

Post a Comment