Thursday, March 16, 2023

Irish Soda Bread - Perfect for Saint Paddy's Day

 

I took this photo of a loaf of bread that next door's Stacey Adams gave me. It is studded with goodies such as raisins - golden and brown - and many a diner would make the sign of a cross on top to ward off Evil.

Having eaten a couple of pieces of it, I walked around block to lower my blood sugar. Then I packed several slices in plastic wrap and put in freezer. 

DAVE'S APPLIANCE WAS HERE TODAY. Jose and Eulie looked at my oven. 

Nice oven said the men. Turns out Eulie is from a tiny country in the Baltics, which Scott guessed. Albania. 


Where will I get the money to pay for the fixable oven? I wonder if my g'daughter Grace, going on 14, might ...

Shut your mouf, Rufus!

I just made nice cold water from the Britta-like pitcher that Ellen brought here from "home" on Gantt Drive, 19006.

I also composted in Scott's back yard along an unsightly - nay, hideous - trail of egg shells, big fat broccoli stems, all of which remind me of the late very tall Elaine Restifo of Lambertville, NJ. 

She published THE RIVER magazine and I was a proud participant. She also chastised me one time for being unaware of politics. 

WHO DID WE HEAR SPEAK in the Lambertville Library? 

Get back to me when you remember. It was not poet Robert Pinsky, son of a dentist or pharmacist,  as I heard him possibly at Rutgers. CC was with me. 

Pinsky should be in my blog but who can remember anymore? 



No comments:

Post a Comment