Wednesday, March 27, 2019

You must appreciate this moment, said I

I keep significant dates in the back of my address book.

Last roof was Jan. 4, 1997. Simon suggested the roofers. One of them had fallen off the roof to his death.

A couple of days ago, Bob Walmsley and his men began the new roof.

The noise was so loud I stuffed napkins in my ears.

BANG BANG BANG

Stayed away from home most of the day.

When I saw Bob, he said they'd probly finish on Friday.

Went to Dunkin Donuts for a cuppa iced coffee and finished reading Diana Athill's SOMEWHERE TOWARD THE END.

The book got worser and worser the more I read it.

Here are some books she liked. Middlemarch - she felt sad upon leaving that world.

Hilary Mantel's A Place of Greater Safety.

Ya know how writers are sposed to have pads of paper in their backpacks? Not me. Wrote it on a DD napkin.

BTW, the iced coffee was terrible!

Diana was an editor, who finally decided to write her own books. She edited H Rider Haggard, who lived down the street from her family - when I was in high school I read SHE, who must be obeyed.

She title page.jpg

JEAN RHYS, a female

ALICE HERTZ-SOMMER

capciousness of life - what does this mean?

Diana's mother's last words "It was absolutely divine."




 Among Mom's papers. I want the book back, said the author, whose name is Patricia Greenwald Ostergen. Mom thinks she's died.



The famous clock tower of Cleveland Heights High School.

When we lived on Marlindale Road, we'd look out the back window to see the time.

See Part II of Getting a New Roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment