Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Nirvana and other things of interest - Poem: Lemon Girl Scout Cookies - Poem: Nirvana


NIRVANA

Sharing the drawer
with the pink socks
the red Wolf Sanctuary sweatshirt
my passport with my unsmiling face
lay my PJs filled with
blue doo-dads
that clung to my body
like Pantyhose
when I wore them
for the night.

At dawn when the purple light
slithered through the drapes
I lay stock still
remembering.

The cold. Near zero.
Only inches from the window
I felt beloved by the world
the cold sun
my ice-covered roof.

***

LEMON GIRL SCOUT COOKIES

Cookies, like homo sapiens,
are constantly evolving.

The Girl Scouts have a
taste for adventure

Thin Mints, Samoas with the
coconut that sticks between
your teeth, shortbread, plain
as toast but awfully good,
and finally Lemon Cookies.

Sort of like a lemon pound cake
but compacted the way they do
the cars in a junkyard

One more Lemon cookie, please,

***

What's a Golden Birthday? asked Gregg Whiteside
of WRTI-FM?

The day your age is the same as the year of your birth.

A milestone has been reached in the treatment of depression.
A nasal spray approved by the FDA that banishes depression in minutes.

Margie mailed it to me last night and I read it after our ND group.

Click here.

***
After I woke up I put my breakfast in the oven to warm up by pilot light.

Oatmeal with frozen fruit on top.

***
Am listening in the kitchen to Danielle Steele's IN HIS FATHER'S FOOTSTEPS.

Starts off in a concentration camp.

Will email it to my centenarian Aunt Selma in South Euclid, Ohio through her devoted son/law Jack.

***
Andre Watts was playing a work by Listz which led me to look up Watts.




And then on to Seiji Ozawa, who championed new music.

Was despised by many in his orchestras who refused to play the music. He's 83 and still playing.



Here he is with Haruki Mirakami in a discussion they had. I believe Haruki wrote a book about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment